Thermostat Scheduler - still cannot control multiple thermostats in one RM action?

Reading this thread here:

It says multiple commands in one RM action was listed as future release back in 2018.

I am assuming this was never done as I have been pulling my hair out for the last day trying to figure out why I couldn't set 4 thermostat schedules to hold on at once? Then found this thread, and moved each hold on command to a separate action and it worked.

Yeah, there is a problem with this. Will see if it can be sorted out for the next release.

2 Likes

The problem has been found and fixed for the next release. This one was a bit complex as there have been revisions to Thermostat Scheduler and Rule 5.1's actions to control them, each entailing some coping with backwards compatibility. There was also a new feature to Rule 5.1 to allow selecting a Thermostat Scheduler by the app name, in addition to by the thermostat names. The former only allows a single Thermostat Scheduler app to be selected, while the latter allows multiple thermostats to be selected -- and those thermostats may be associated with different instances of Thermostat Scheduler. This was the root problem not handled properly when multiple thermostats were selected.