Thermostat Scheduler [RELEASED]

Is there some one I can speak to about a large project I am working on. I would like to consider using this product

Can you show me the main setup page for TS.

Well, I modified my cool setpoints so I wasn't sitting here in the cold. So, here is both screens.

Also, after hitting apply setpoints, you can see that my thermostat is set to 66 (or 69-3, the minimum difference required by the thermostat.

What's very odd, is that Thermostat scheduler still thinks the setpoint is 69. Does thermostat scheduler not subscribe to events from the thermostat?

Correct, it does not subscribe to setpoint changes. Why would it? it is an app to control thermostats, not monitor them. It shows the current temperature from the thermostat, but all of the setpoints shown are the ones being sent to the thermostat.

I would think it would subscribe to the thermostat to see if the setpoint needs to be changed. For example, in this case, the thermostat setpoint no longer matched Thermostat Scheduler. Trrying to reset the setpoint from thermostat scheduler by clicking on set scheduled setpoints did not apply the setting back to the thermostat since thermostat scheduler still thought the setpoint was 69. Shouldn't it reapply it if the setpoint of the thermostat doesn't match, regardless of whether scheduler thinks they should match?

It is connected problem that I describe minutes ago in different topic, please read it

and that is way I've 11 thermostat schedular, when I've tried to set one temp on few trv at one time - it doesn't work (as described above) so I've created 11 scheduler with 1 minute delay between and it works. But when I want to use "away" option built-in thermostat scheduler it doesn't work because HE try to change temp to away on every trv at one time and right now it is a problematic and that is why I need to do it trv by trv not at one time.

Hope that now is clear :slight_smile:

There is a manual setting section if you want to set the thermostat setpoints independently of the schedule. The schedule is applied when the scheduled event occurs. Otherwise, you could end up in a fight with the thermostat. Don't you want to be able to set it manually at the thermostat? And not have TS come along right behind and set it to something else?

What I'd really love is for Thermostat Scheduler to detect when the thermostat doesn't match the setting and then kick it into Manual/Hold mode. That way, I can make a change on the thermostat which is not overridden the next time there's a schedule change. Then you could choose how to handle that manual setting, whether it's held that way for hours or until the next change or forever. This is the way that the Ecobee ecosystem works.

You can put it into hold in the manual settings. What if you're just doing a temporary setting at the thermostat? Most thermostats do temporary change when the setpoint is manually adjusted (Honeywell, for example). You have to manually invoke hold mode.

Not if you're changing it on the thermostat.

That's my point. If you change the settings on the thermostat and a scheduled change occurs, Scheduler overrites the settings you entered on the thermostat. In an ideal world, you'd be able to choose ahead of time in Scheduler how long that setting change would be in effect for. For example, a number of hours, indefinitely, or until the next scheduled change.

I'd like to set up a 10 or 15 degree heat cycle in my garage. Is this done setting temp to desired level and then select a 10 degree offset, which would allow the temp to drop 10 degrees below the currently set level? (Not fully understanding what an offset is maybe)
Or do I have to set up a rule in RM that turns heat mode to off at certain hi temp and then back on at a certain low temp?
Thanks

@bravenel, Small dev question : What is the exact (Minimal) list of Thermostat capabilities needed for this app to list the device?

I am currently developing a driver for my thermostat and it's a very simple one that does not have / support all the features (cooling / fans) that are added by the main 'thermostat' capability, so I would prefer to include only the necessary ones for the app to work with my driver/device.

Thanks in advance.

It only needs to have the capability "thermostat". That brings with it several commands and attributes. Those don't have to be implemented if you don't use them.

Ya that my fist approach, I just wanted to only have the necessary elements in the device driver. Basically clean code without unnecessary stuff.

As long as no app is going to call those methods that you don't implement, no problem. To avoid errors, implement the missing command methods as empty methods.

1 Like

I'm now running v 2.1.7.127 and still seeing the same issue with the order of the time periods -- they are shown in the order created, not the time.

In the screenshot above, the "Night" time period was added before "Back Home".

The displayed order of the time periods is consistent after closing & reopening the Thermostat Scheduler app.

Apologies if this was covered earlier, but I got a presence sensor recently, and I use it to change to and from Away mode. I noticed that ecomode offset is correctly applied when I'm away, but when I come back the temp setting stays on the ecomode value (I guess until the next scheduled change, I haven't tested). Is this a bug or a feature? In both cases I guess I could make a rule that adjusts the behaviour, but a setting within the app would be nicer :slight_smile:

It should be adjusting back from the eco-mode setting.

Interesting. I'll take a look at the logs next time I go out and get back.

OK, so when the mode is set to away I get an error in the logs.
My thermostat gets temperature gets lowered, but it is not reflected in thermostat scheduler.
When mode is set back from away nothing happens.

You can see the state here