Thermostat Scheduler Eco Mode

OK. Thanks for the info!
I will give that a try and see if what I am trying to do will work with the restrictions.
I do notice that you are setting the setpoints as well, but I am trying to use the schedule with the ecomode offset "added" to the "current" scheduled setupoints when I am away, then resume the regular schedule setpoints when I return.
I really don't want to set the mode to "away" because other rules rely on modes and changing the mode to "away" would mess them up.
What I will try is to add an offset to the current scheduled setpoint, then remove the offset when I return.... I will try that.

Thank You for your help! It gives me something to think about!

1 Like

Looks like Thermostat Scheduler Eco broke with the latest 2.3.1 update. I am using a workaround that turns the thermostat off instead of using Eco.

Yes, I noticed that too. Tried Eco mode and it doesn't function.
I still need some heating/cooling when I am gone, although very little, so I will try something else.

Thank you for your help!

@bravenel can this issue get some acknowledgement at least?

I'm new to this thread, so please summarize for me what the problem is.

In short there is an issue with the Thermostat Controller app, since 2.3.1 update, the Eco mode does not "stick", the set point reverts to non-eco value moments after enabling Eco mode.

Yeah, something weird is going on with Thermostat Scheduler. Not sure what it is, as I don't think it's been updated recently.

In your setup, what causes Eco Mode to start?

I have found the proximal cause of this problem, and will see about getting a fix into the next release.

1 Like

My setup is similiar to @pomonabill220's. Virtual ECO switch triggers TS Eco mode. The Virtual ECO is triggered by (no) presence detection.

I use a virtual switch to turn on ECO mode. The virtual switch is controlled by this basic rule:

and Eco mode is controlled by the switch:

When ECO mode is turned on by the switch turning OFF, the setpoints do change to the ECO mode offset, and then within a second, revert back to the regular scheduled setpoints.

I am controlling a Honewelll T6 stat with no schedule in the stat (so no conflict).
Other than this ECO mode issue, I can control the stat just fine with Stat controller and Stat scheduler.

This bug has been fixed and will be in an upcoming hot fix release.

1 Like

Thank You so much!

DAYM!!! It works like a DREAM! Thank You again!

@pomonabill220 Is it still working for you? It's not for me. It immediately switches back to the Mode Schedule.

The switch restriction doesn't work either.

Yes it still works for me.
I am running FW version 2.3.2.135 and stat scheduler 1.3.3 .
Is that what you are running?
How are you controlling the scheduler and eco mode?

I'm running the same versions. I'm using a virtual switch with 2 rules:

ecomode1

ecomode2

But I'm getting the same problem outlined above. It will turn on ecomode and adjust the setpoint, then immediately revert back to the Mode Schedule. If I add the restriction: "Disable with Eco Mode (virtual switch) is on", then it doesn't make any change because it's disabled.

This is my rule for turning eco mode on and off.

The "I am here" is a virtual switch that is controlled by, among other things, the geofence from my phone so that when I am outside the fence, the stat's scheduler is set to eco mode.
It has been working great.

Does the eco mode in your rule follow the contacts, or does it change independently of the contact states? In other words, does it seem like eco mode is being controlled by the contacts?
This could indicate that the wait is not working correctly or is not being honored.

Also, your IF-THEN-END-IF is missing the ELSEs.
What you have is IF-THEN-END-IF where I think it should be IF-THEN-ELSE-END-IF even if the ELSE is "empty" for the rule logic to run correctly.
I am not a programmer, but this stuck out to me as possibly a problem.

So what, I THINK is happening is, the WHOLE rule is running and not exiting after the first END-IF like you want it to.

Ack that's it, I think you're right. I edited them both to use "ELSE-IF", which I think should do the trick.

GREAT! I hope that does it for you! Fantastic!

One question I had.... why do you have the separate rule for turning eco mode on and off?
Do control the eco mode with other triggers?
Otherwise, you could directly control eco mode in the main rule and get rid of the second rule.
BUT if it works... LEAVE IT ALONE!!! :rofl: :rofl: