Thermostat Scheduler Eco mode working backwards

My system is in cooling mode (as always in SWFL). My cooling setpoint is at 78° and my Eco mode offset is set to 4°. Over the past week or so, after both my wife and myself leave the house, Eco mode kicks in but in reverse. My cooling setting decreases to 74° instead of increasing to 82°. When we return home the setting goes back to 78°.

I'm pretty new to Hubitat coming from Smartthings but this was previously working. I think the problem started with one of the 2.26 updates. Is anyone else setting this?

There is definitely a bug in Thermostat Scheduler wrt EcoMode. I think it was messing up attempting to change the cooling setpoint. Investigating...

Thanks. Hopefully an easy fix.

So I thought I could temporarily get around this by just using a negative Eco offset, but it doesn't allow negative entries. Any progress?

Next release.

Great to hear. Thanks!

Before I found this I was running into the same problem. While in the Thermostat app I changed the Thermostat mode to Auto and now I cannot change it back to Cool. It will let me set cool but when I save it and it goes back to the main screen it shows auto again. Ack! @bravenel Any idea when a fix may be coming?

In fact I cannot change it to heat, cool or off. It's just stuck on auto now.

Thanks!

Actually I have had to disable the app in the log it showed it was repeatedly trying to change the temp over and over:

Show the setup of the app. What is device 3 throwing errors?

DEV 3 is the thermostat. I removed the scheduler and added it back in but still can only set auto:

I suppose I could try to restore last nights backup and see if that at least puts it back in cool mode. Or I'll just leave it disabled until there is a fix.

Okay the restore did put it back in cool mode so now I just have the issue of the offset not working correctly.

I think you need to resolve why those errors are happening.

It's fine now.

The errors were probably failed logins and the thermostat doesn't support AUTO for cool and heat but the app was alternately setting a cool and heat setpoint so the login was being rejected for spamming. And then it kept repeating it unless it was disabled. But now all is well after the restore.

Did this get resolved in the new release or is it still pending? I didn't see it in the release notes.

Thanks.

I didn't see it listed in the release notes either, but did a quick test and can verify the Eco mode again works correctly. Tested in the 2.2.7.119 and 2.2.7.121 releases. Thanks @bravenel

1 Like

Oops, yes it should be fixed.

1 Like

I’ll try to do more diagnosing tomorrow but I turned my rule back on that was setting echo mode and it was adjusting farther than it should or adjusting when it shouldn’t at all. I’ll try to get some specifics soon.

So I disabled the rule doing the Eco mode last night on 2.2.7.121 and this morning I tried to reenable it but it doesn't show disabled yet when I click on it I get "App is Disabled".