Thermostat scheduler app like Mode Manager

Need some assistance, maybe sample code from Mode Manager?

I have a thermostat scheduler app but need to refine it. I made a matrix and realized that the best way to collect the scheduling data is much like Mode Manager, with each mode and days to select, then a temperature. That would have to be repeated for heating and for cooling.

How does Mode Manager collect the modes to list, and how does it default to all the days and then once days are selected, show only the remaining days for the next selection?

Thanks for any help!

@bravenel, any guidance here? I actually did get it working for the normal case if I selected everything perfectly the first time. But I attempted to code it with the assumption that settings are read-only (as in SmartThings), so if I for instance go back and select a day at the beginning that had been selected later, it is not properly removing that day from the later instance. Mode Manager does this perfectly. Groovy is really hurting my head with all the dynamic variables!

I had actually just about finished such an app not too long ago, called (drum roll) Thermostat Manager.

And, as you thought, I lifted chunks of code from Mode Manager to create it. I put it on the back burner due to other pressing things. Will take a look again and see what it might take to finish it.

3 Likes

That would be AWESOME!! :smiley: Thanks Bruce!

I was pointed in this direction as I am new to Hubitat (about to migrate from Vera) and my most used function in Vera is exactly a thermostat :slight_smile:

What I am using on Vera is called the Smart Virtual Thermostat and a similar one called Auto Virtual Thermostat. Both of these support the functions I need (Home, Away settings, multiple heaters etc.) and I am looking for something similar on Hubitat.

Smart Virtual Thermostat:

Auto Virtual Thermostat:
https://www.toggledbits.com/avt

Would be absolutely willing to test out a similar concept on the Hubitat, which is on the way via plane :smile: