Thermostat Scheduler 2.0 Thermostat mode

What it is not possible to change the thermostat mode in this section?

Because thermostat mode is not typically adjusted multiple times per day. Could you explain the scenario in which you would find this necessary?

When I turn the thermostat off, the display is turned OFF. In this status it is visual clear the thermostat is off. Setpoint changes are received but has no effect till it change to HEAT
There is an anti freeze function in OFF status.
If somebody opens the window, the thermostat (display) is OFF, if the thermostat is turned to heat the condition to stay ON is de status of the window. If I want to do this in the current setup I need to check with every setpoint change the condition of the window.
In the night I want to set the thermostat OFF

2 Likes

This will be in the next release.

3 Likes

@bravenel
Thanks for adding the mode, useful for me
Another Idea :slight_smile:

Add a link to rule machine to start a rule on the same moment

1 Like

I think the mode function is not working as expected (2.3.3.130)

• When I set al line to change the mode, it does not change in the device
  • When the mode is OFF, setpoint changes are not sent to the device.

This works for me, it sends a setThemostatMode command to the device. Please show the Logs from Thermostat Scheduler and the Events from the device page for the thermostat.

Yes, this is expected behavior. It only sends setpoints that are relevant for the current thermostat mode. When off, the thermostat ignores setpoints. Presumably, in some subsequent period, the mode will be set to Heat, Cool or Auto, and the setpoints will be sent then accordingly.

I did a simulation with a virtual thermostat, same behavior as my thermostat.

When I click "Set Scheduled Temp" (testing) the mode for that moment is always sent to the device .

Start:

Scenario:
at 10u00 the thermostat is set to 18Ā°
at 11u00 the window is open, thermostat is set to OFF
at 14u00 the setpoint is set to 20Ā° but the window is open, mode is/stays OFF
at 15u00 the window is closing by a person and the decision is made to turn the mode to HEAT, (or a rule when windows close, mode is HEAT) the temperature is the correct one for that moment.

Why would you not expect this? What is the problem?

I understand. I can change how this works so that it sends the setpoints when mode is off.

1 Like

What I ment is, It works well when I click it , but it does not work on time schedule.

I just discovered that it was not scheduling a time period that did not set a setpoint or fan. Your test period is like that. Fix in the next release.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.