Thermostat Scheduler 2.0 - difference between 1.0 in terms of scheduling temp via Mode

I have switched my schedulers to the 2.0 version and I am using Mode changes, set to 21°c. What I notice different in the new version vs. the old one, is that if I manually adjust the temp of the thermostat within the current mode, it will now, in 2.0, change it back to 21°c periodically, where as before in the 1.0 version it would only change on mode change.

The reason this is "problematic" for me is that I do have to sometimes raise the temp within the day, if it is cold outside, and then I would be happiest with the fact that I am running on the updated temp within the current mode, only to change when the new mode kicks in.

Here are some screenshots:

Still looking for some information about this. Did this behaviour change at some point?

@bobbyD, something you can answer?

Your logs show it being set to 21 by a Rule. Thermostat Scheduler would not do this on its own.

Yes, you are right, something is changing it, but I cannot find what is doing it. I cannot recall having done other changes than update to version 2.0. However, I do have other thermostats that are also now 2.0 without the issue, so it must be coming from somehting else.

How can I find out what is changing the temp?

It only happens when I am in Day mode:

Well... Nevermind. I think I have found the culprit. I was trying to be too smart for my skill level.

I had an automation going that changed the temp based on outside temp. Instead of changing it once, I was doing it upon change and checking every 30 minutes.

Thanks for the reality check.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.