Thermostat Controller Unexpected Error - how to resolve

I am trying to adjust the Thermostat Controller but run into this error.

Not sure how to do it.

Any ideas ? Is it a delete and start all over again and re-embed into all the rules and dashboard that use it?

Is there a way to fix without having to go back an re-engineer everything again?

app:2272021-02-08 16:27:20.714 infoController: setTemperature(17.1) was called

app:2272021-02-08 16:27:15.372 errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object on line 211 (manual)

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object!

app:2272021-02-08 16:21:19.265 errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object on line 211 (manual)

app:2272021-02-08 16:20:49.253 errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object on line 211 (manual)

1 Like

That's a similar error to mine, I can't access the app anymore, that unexpected error pops up. The Hubitat folks are aware of an error, and am pretty sure they are checking into it. I think in my case its a driver issue for the thermostat I am controlling. Are you using a built in driver or something custom for your controlled thermostat?

Sorry missed your response!!!!!

To control radiators I am having to use Thermostat Controller in a non standard way.

So not actually using a thermostat - I use the Thermostat Controller as a Thermostat - THE Thermostat Controller points at a Temp Sensor - if the temp goes below target the Thermostat Controller switches to Heating - I have a trigger on it which flags DEMAND for that room.
I have a trigger on ALL the ROOM DEMAND status that actually controls TRVs and Central heating.

It has been pretty solid, but I have a way to simplify it - hence v5 (using V5 Rules)

I am just about to install v5 of my Heating