Thermostat Controller Temperature Question

Hello,

I have 10 temperature sensors spaced out around the house and wanted to use them to improve the A/C. This seems like the perfect use case for the built-in Thermostat Controller app.

After reading the documentation page and a few forum posts, this is what my configuration looks like:

As you can see, the average temperature is 72.2. The Heating Setpoint is currently 76, with a Hysteresis of 1 degree. The Current Temperature (72.2) is less than the Heating Setpoint - Hysteresis / 2 (75.5), so it seems that the Controlled Thermostat's State should be set to "Heating."

The heater is turning on at 72.0 and off at 73.0 degrees. The Physical T6 temperature reading displays 74 degrees, while the Heat setting is 81 degrees due to the Control Offset.

Can you help me understand why the T6's State is "Idle" instead of "Heating" at this lower temperature?

There is one oddity in my setup: I do have an hourly task to refresh the readings from the physical T6 because it gets out of sync every few weeks.

Platform Version: 2.3.4.120
Hardware Version: Rev C-5

Bear in mind that this page is not dynamic, and may need refresh to show the actual current state. Also, use logging to see what is going on.

Thanks for the reply! It pushed me in the right direction to find the problem.

I had only checked the logs under the Thermostat Controller's cog icon -> Events. When I used the "Logs" section in the sidebar and consulted everything related to the thermostat, there were a lot more details.

What I found was that there was one rule which had been left over from my previous thermostat configuration (thought I had gotten it all). The confusing part was that the temperature behavior reported above was half-way between the new temperature configuration and the old configuration's fallback temperature. I don't know why, but removing that last, outdated rule has solved the problem.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.