The Hubitat C-8 just hit fccid.io

Inflation.

8 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion about 'smart' appliances

And we're supposed to wait just because of that?! :wink:

HE does not like to announce stuff until it's in the can, which I really like. Please don't tell me what you got until you really, truly, got it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, if Hubitat were a minimally ethical, fly-by-night, operation, they might use that approach.

But being a responsible and ethical corporate entity, they’re doing it the right way. FCC certification before intensive third-party testing (and presumably additional in-house testing).

The C-5 and C-7 were on FCC months before being available for sale.

11 Likes

For some that doesn't Matter, does it?

25 Likes

THIS JUST IN....

John Deere craters to market & consumer pressure upon news leak of a next generation Hubitat Hub with even more flexibility and user customization capability. Hubitat users whispering hopes for "Connecting their Greens" now that an external antenna is expected.

2 Likes

I don’t get it…

6 Likes

Just found this. Apparently fairly similar hardware capabilities, except missing Z-Wave. No clue on the quality of the software past Homebridge. $500 MSRP. As I've said before, I think Hubitat undervalues the capabilities that they offer to the market.
https://hoobs.com/pro/

4 Likes

Unlike hoobs.....

1 Like

So they have the pre-order Pro model for $500 and "Regular" hub for $250.

Pro includes WiFi/Bluetooth/Zigbee/Thread/Matter and is likely NOT Apple Certified (given that HB is not either).

Am having trouble wrapping my head around what use-case this is meant to handle?

2 Likes

All of that just to leave out Zwave?!

1 Like

Yeah that would be my system scuppered (1 x Zigbee device, 44 x Z Wave devices)

1 Like

Leaving out Z-Wave increases value for some. :grinning:

6 Likes

It includes z wave as well

FYI -

@markbellkosel84 was referring to the Hoobs Pro hub, which does not include a zwave radio, unlike the Homey Pro, or current and future offerings from Hubitat.

5 Likes

Exactly what I did, a model back. The C-5 hub runs all the network-based devices, while the C-7 holds all the physical devices over ZigBee and Z-Wave.

How did that migration go? I still have a C7 sitting in the box as I've been holding on fearing the worst as everything is working perfectly with the C5. Now with Hub Mesh I'm a bit more excited to do it given I "Think" I can easily migrate the zigbee devices (is that true) with hub protect.

I'm ok if short-term my C7 and C5 are dedicated to a protocol each.

You can migrate z-wave not Zigbee. Though if you're restoring the database to the c7, all you have to do in most cases is click remove from the c5, this will throw the device into pairing mode, then you initiate Zigbee pairing on the c7 and the device will be picked up and slotted into its old place

A pain, but not crippling. Took the approach of

• Restore backup on new hub
  • Rename change all devices' IDs to something high
  • Reset and pair devices to new hub
  • Change ID of old device entry to match newly paired device
  • Delete newly paired device

I might pay for Hub Protect to do it again... or I might not. If I could pay for it only on the target hub instead of the source hub, it would be slightly more appealing.

ZigBee is easy -- reset and re-pair, and they fall right in to the existing device entries.

Yeah. I already have the devices and apps on separate hubs. I've been debating buying a third hub and having the antenna mod done. That would necessitate re-pairing all of my devices, then using the old hub for cloud stuff (Still not sure I REALLY need it). I'm mostly Z-wave . I'm willing to wait it out six months to a year if i meant i can get a performance upgrade in the new hub without having a third party do the mod.

1 Like