The Great Fridge/Freezer Temperature Sensor Challenge

@aaiyar :slight_smile:
Just out of curiosity, have you been able to consistently keep Aqara devices connected to Hubitat with the Sonoff USB Dongle?
As we know, the Aqara devices do not fully adhere to Zigbee standards but perhaps this repeater (which does conform to Zigbee standards) can take over, and "repeat" the message from the Aqara sensors.

Haven't tried.

I have Aquara contact sensors on all my windows (they were the only ones that had the right dimensions). They use to disconnect regularly, so I had added some IKEA repeaters which helped. However, since I added a Sonoff USB Dongle to a plug next to each of those sensors, they rarely if ever drop out. I also haven’t had to change their batteries yet in the 2-3 years since I installed them.

1 Like

I have some of the Iris motion sensors (that you can't find anymore) in my fridge and freezer. Motion, temp, and humidity. They've been working solid for over a year. Battery life is decent with a lithium CR123 or whatever it is that they take. I have one in my gun safe with a plug next to it as a repeater.