The Clouds not all bad😉

I think I have decent router...
I have 2 Archer AX50's
so, that's not the problem.
Wifi asks more energy and how my setup is currently, wifi turns off from time to time or with power outage. Also Wifi needs a bit more time to restart after being turned off.
I do use wifi based stuff, like for switches and some smart plugs, stuff that are easy to plan.
(Boiler to heat up water once a day, roller shutters,...)

At night the wifi turns off to safe energy, I'm able to dream without it :stuck_out_tongue:
We have some kid(s) who would use the wifi to watch things insteed of sleeping.
Even a 1 AM toilet session is possible whitout wifi. I do need the zigbee, not for number 1 or 2, but to turn the lights on and off. I once tried without light... moved the laundry basket so i won't make that mistake again. Even during the day, wifi is being turned off when nobody is home, the cats don't mind.

So, my wifi turns on when needed but not Hubitat since he/she/it/they/... runs it all...
Since the need for light is sometimes random (depending on a few bladders etc) I wan't it on the 'always on zigbee', that's why my question.

1 Like

Understood.

WiFi devices not suitable when the user switches the WiFi off at night =p

I don't suffer from WiFi conjestion, because anything that can be hardwired is hardwired. These smart devices take minimal bandwidth, I'm guessing. Incidentally, I guess it's probably possible to have the devices on one WiFi net whilst having general WiFi on another. This one could be disabled during evenings, as you've suggested.

Not that you want to do this, but I just wanted to be a little more complete. :+1:

1 Like

And at the risk of getting even further sidetracked.

Wifi power consumption probably isn’t an issue for a mains powered LED controller (compared to a zigbee or z-wave alternative, I mean).

There are also good alternatives to keep kids from using their WiFi-connected devices at certain times of day without having to resort to shutting down the entire WiFi network.