Thank you from a happy camper

Created my Hubitat ID ten days ago but I think that was before I received my hub. Then I waited until 2.2.3 was available before starting to migrate devices. Now I've migrated all my devices from ST to HE and replaced all my Webcore functionality in RM4. Integration with Google Home and Alexa is even better than before. I am totally impressed. (And my wife approves as well.)

Thanks to everyone who helped in the community.

11 Likes

Congratulations and welcome to Hubitat!

4 Likes

New user of HE coming from ST. Mostly a good experence so far! Got Sengled colored led bulbs working, LinearLink/GoControl dimmer bulbs working, and Serena blinds were working in HE but now not. Raised that in another thread. Overall good experience!

3 Likes

Glad to hear it, nmy move from ST has also been relatively smooth.

I've stayed w/WebCore for my automations due to my familiarity with it, and the fact that WebCore automations run local on Hubitat, Best of both worlds for me, as I "get" WebCore, and I found RM obtuse in my initial looks it. I will spend more time in the future, but during my initial migration it was pretty painless and quick to bring in my existing WebCore automations, link up the HE versions of the devices and I'm up and running.

The ABC button app, Motion Lighting app, Simple Automations, Auto Off app, and a few others have been very useful.

3 Likes

Since my setup is primarily lights and switches, I found it was easier to start from scratch with RM than integrate the hubs... Found that the learning curve was easier than expected. One advantage of starting over is that everything is cleaner and better organized than the ST configuration that just kind of grew. Managed to eliminate some unnecessary state variables and for what it's worth things are easier to follow.

3 Likes