Teslafi Connect for query and commands v 1.0 ready for beta testing

Like you, I'm also waiting untill we're forced to do so. If it ain't broke... :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just replaced my 7 year old car with a new one, so I'll see if I can test next week.

promising reply from teslafi..

i am probably going to scrap this implmentation unless there is a lot of request for it..

I have an implementation for tessie www.tessie.com

their api is api.tessie.com

still have to pay, but they support all the commands and data that the old tesla implmentation did and i have added a few more.. ie supports frumk trunk steering heater etc.

still have to pay a monthly or yearly fee to use it.. more coming soon.. but it is all working on my car..

ie

1 Like

Consider supporting both as a backend? I already use TeslaFi and would love to see this continue.

1 Like

Ok.but will definately need more testing.on new api .

1 Like

Of the two, would there be a difference of how quick refresh rates are? Is there a benefit with one over the other in reguards of how fast info is updated?

The other one tessie has a fuller api

1 Like

Here's another question. Based on both API's additional data, would you be able to pull a cars tagged location name and/or address and create a new accessible field for it that we could use in our tiles?

I think it is possible.with either as they both give long and lat. But easier with tessie as they.have an api to give current address. Not on my radar right now however as needs to be fleshed out how it would work and how useful to everyone.

1 Like

Just posting address in an attribute would be easy with teasie if that is enough.

1 Like

see the tessie thread here as added currentaddress attribute there

1 Like

Wow awesome!

The old Tesla Connect 3.0 finally stopped working for me (received a notice from TeslaFi that I needed to switch to the new fleet API, presumably because Tesla switched my vehicle over, and the old one stopped working.

But I can’t get this app to work. TeslaFi is working/sending commands on the new API. I even generated a new TeslaFi API token, followed the setup instructions, etc. I keep getting these errors upon refresh:

Not sure if this is actually working for anyone else because I haven’t seen any confirmations in the thread, but it won’t for me. So I guess I’ll try Tessie, even though I’m already paying for TeslaFi. Or I could just issue commands from rule machine via URL.

Actually, Tessie looks good and has an actual app unlike TeslaFi, so… free trial it is.

1 Like

The only thing you might miss is the ability to auto tag drives. Tessie doesn't do this.

Thanks, good to know. I don’t use the feature. I just need something to issue commands, as I’m still using TeslaMate Hubitat to get streaming data. One advantage of Tessie is that it offers the valet mode command, which TeslaFi does not. I park in a valet garage, and critical to have valet mode set automatically.

1 Like

now that my car is switched as well i will start testing this again.

first priority . install c8 pro :slight_smile:

1 Like

teslafi is broken.. controls from their website not working.. and when i tried to reauthorize i got this popup.

i just tested again and teslafi has fixed there SHi*..

i reinstalled and this integration is now working with the new api through teslafi.. but it is a much more limited api than available at tessie.

2 Likes