Teslafi Connect for query and commands v 1.0 ready for beta testing

I have completed development and testing of the first version of my TeslaFi connect app and driver.

see this thread for more info on the older version directly using the tesla api..

(Tesla Connect 3.0 - Integration to Query Car Status)

This version integrated through the TeslaFi.com API

See www.teslafi.com

This will require you to sign up with them and pay for the yearly service.

Currently this works if you are stll on the OLD tesla api version, but i have talked to teslafi and they will be modifying their implementation to work with the new protocoll/api that is rumored to take full control at the end of january.

Due to the fact that tesla will be monitizing this and you need to be a company to effectively use the new api you will need a third party integrator like teslafi.

Thus my implementation i hope will be transparent when they are done and the new api kicks fully in.

Here are some cavats:

1. you need to sign up with teslafi and first make sure your commands are working through their web interface here... ie

1. you then need to go to their api page.. and set up a token for their api.. here

1. you then need to enable all the api commands here:

1. you then need to install both the app under app code, then the driver under driver code.
    then add the user app in the apps. then configure here and put in the teslafi token you generated in their web api page above.

1. it will automatically create the driver/car device and then you will need to configure that here..

I have tested this on my car which is still on the old API but it is beta and there probably will be some error cases etc that i have missed.

here are some screen shots:

Finally, for now this is not released in hubitat package manager only direct to my git hub.
There are debugging options your can turn on in both the app (does api calls) and the car driver to help diagnose issues.

here are the two files ( remember to goto raw)

i have tested the following on my car (still on old api as said and they work)

wake
refresh
turn climate to auto
turn climate to off
set charge level
start charge
stop charge
lock
unlock
sentry on
sentry off
set seat hater level
start teslafi logging
set therm setpoint
turn on/off steering wheel heater (not 100% tested i dont have one, but i do get a valid error)
also to turn on seat heater etc. climate must first be on or you get a error relating to this condition.

There are noticeably no window up/down trunk/frunk open/close options, i have asked them why but no response. Most likely due to getting sued if someone gets hurt by this operation.

There are also some quirks in how often teslafi queries your car and you will need to play with those as well here,

And be warned the panel may not show changes to the api commands initialiy depending on your teslafi polling settings and how often you refresh. I try to delay and do a refresh after each command, as the old api implentation did but the panel will not be 100% up to date. Best check results of commands on your phone if you want to see immediately if they worked.

They also have not told me if there implementation of the new tesla api protocol is finished at whilch point hopefully this will still work when your car switches over, so I imagine it will not work if your are on the new api at this point.. You can try this via their dashboard, and I will let you know when they tell me that is live. In addition, i will not be trying to switch my car over to the new api whilst it is still working on the old one, so I will not be able to fully test differences in that until that time,.

enjoy...

3 Likes

if someone wants to follow these directions and test.. i am not going to convert my car over for obvious reasons till it actually fails/stops working on the old api.

this is from teslafi support

Sorry for the delay. We have everything switched over to the fleet api and have implanted the new control protocol as well. You can switch things over currently by disabling the legacy api in settings->account->advanced then authenticate in settings->Tesla account as well as setup controls there. Let me know if you run into any

1 Like

Like you, I'm also waiting untill we're forced to do so. If it ain't broke... :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just replaced my 7 year old car with a new one, so I'll see if I can test next week.

promising reply from teslafi..

i am probably going to scrap this implmentation unless there is a lot of request for it..

I have an implementation for tessie www.tessie.com

their api is api.tessie.com

still have to pay, but they support all the commands and data that the old tesla implmentation did and i have added a few more.. ie supports frumk trunk steering heater etc.

still have to pay a monthly or yearly fee to use it.. more coming soon.. but it is all working on my car..

ie

1 Like

Consider supporting both as a backend? I already use TeslaFi and would love to see this continue.

1 Like

Ok.but will definately need more testing.on new api .

1 Like

Of the two, would there be a difference of how quick refresh rates are? Is there a benefit with one over the other in reguards of how fast info is updated?

The other one tessie has a fuller api

1 Like

Here's another question. Based on both API's additional data, would you be able to pull a cars tagged location name and/or address and create a new accessible field for it that we could use in our tiles?

I think it is possible.with either as they both give long and lat. But easier with tessie as they.have an api to give current address. Not on my radar right now however as needs to be fleshed out how it would work and how useful to everyone.

1 Like

Just posting address in an attribute would be easy with teasie if that is enough.

1 Like

see the tessie thread here as added currentaddress attribute there

1 Like

Wow awesome!

The old Tesla Connect 3.0 finally stopped working for me (received a notice from TeslaFi that I needed to switch to the new fleet API, presumably because Tesla switched my vehicle over, and the old one stopped working.

But I can’t get this app to work. TeslaFi is working/sending commands on the new API. I even generated a new TeslaFi API token, followed the setup instructions, etc. I keep getting these errors upon refresh:

Not sure if this is actually working for anyone else because I haven’t seen any confirmations in the thread, but it won’t for me. So I guess I’ll try Tessie, even though I’m already paying for TeslaFi. Or I could just issue commands from rule machine via URL.

Actually, Tessie looks good and has an actual app unlike TeslaFi, so… free trial it is.

1 Like

The only thing you might miss is the ability to auto tag drives. Tessie doesn't do this.

Thanks, good to know. I don’t use the feature. I just need something to issue commands, as I’m still using TeslaMate Hubitat to get streaming data. One advantage of Tessie is that it offers the valet mode command, which TeslaFi does not. I park in a valet garage, and critical to have valet mode set automatically.

1 Like

now that my car is switched as well i will start testing this again.

first priority . install c8 pro :slight_smile:

1 Like

teslafi is broken.. controls from their website not working.. and when i tried to reauthorize i got this popup.