Tesla Connect 3.0 - Integration to Query Car Status - Deprecated, see below for replacment

you do have a longitude and latitude so at least you can use that to put in the car device and turn on alternate presence..

recommend starting with .25 km from home and have the refresh time up to 30 secs. for 5 minutes.

something like this.. then you can check the presence attribute and write a rule based on presence being present to open your garage door/unarm the house etc. whatever.

obvioiusly use your own home longitude and lattitude.

Executed Heat, no response

I will work on Geofencing. I appreciate all your assistance

You wont see a response in the app or logs.. did u check that in the car? Nothing is sent back to the integration unless you run a refesh or it runs on the schedule.

if you cannot get it working maybe someone else can jump in as i wont be able to help till maybe thurs. as we are leaving tomorrow and driving to florida for a month.. good luck

I’ll keep an eye out and see what I can do to help. I use this app to send commands to my car but switched to TeslaMate app for data since it uses the streaming API and updates almost immediately. The only downside is you need to have a local server running to host TeslaMate MQTT.

2 Likes

@kahn-hubitat Is there any way to get the status of the battery heating?

I don't see anything similar in the debug logs when hitting the Refresh button. Is there information coming in that your app/driver ignores or throws out?

Enjoy your trip to Florida! I'll virtual high-5 you as I pass you by later this month!

1 Like

looks like tesla broke controlling the car for newer cars in preparation for them to charge for this feature as feared..

there doesnt seem to be a good solution for an individual user.. they want whole fleets of cars to use their own proxy server and register and eventually pay for the feature.. ■■■ holes

see this

3 Likes

one solution i am thinking about is an option to use teslafi to do the commands in the future.. they do not have their own local api that i see but asked them about it..

for now they have a an alexa integration that can do that sort of stuff what are your thoughts to have an option to setup and flip local virtual switches that you would setup rules to call your alexa routines to perform these options ?

this would require you to obviously pay for tesla fi.. in the long run this may be the only type of viable solutions where 3rd party systems are large enough to register with tesla a a fleet etc.

Even better i got a response back from teslafi..

they do have an api see here..

and they said they are working on the changs and live controls work on their website and they plan to have them working again via their api in the next few days..

so going on this assumption

1. i will add an option fo use teslafi api for car controls.
  2. this will require you to set it up on their site and enter your teslafi token into this integration as well..
  3. i will check for this and use this instead of the direct to tesla api when enabled..

thoughts???

ie

https://teslafi.com/api.php

API TOKEN:

1. The TeslaFi API enables a json output feed to access the last data points TeslaFi received from the Tesla API and control your vehicle.

2. Current Token: token removed for security

3. Example Usage:

4. Authorization Header (Recommended):
    Pass the authentication token in an authorization header:
    Authorization: Bearer removed
    curl -H "removed" https://www.teslafi.com/feed.php?command=COMMAND

5. Query Parameters:
    Pass the authentication token in a URL:
    [https://www.teslafi.com/feed.php?token=tokenremoved1&command=COMMAND](https://www.teslafi.com/feed.php?token=token removed)

4 Likes

I’m not familiar with TelaFI yet… Will look into it, though I’m not Krazy about having to pay a subscription, I will if/when it has lots of value…

It is really annoying that Tesla is breaking the ability to integrate though! That is so useful!!!

1 Like

I've used their service for a long time. I really like it. But I don't know if I want to query my car via it.

Here's something I wrote about it.

(use my referral "jlv1" when you sign up to get double the free trial if you want)

TeslaMate is a local solution similar to TeslaFi. I wonder what they will do. It's similar to this integration.

1 Like

for now i dont think i need to use it for querying.. just control.. if you have a better solution i am all ears.. as mentioned it is not broken yet for my car.. this seems to be only flipped on for newer cars and that is why people are having trouble executing commands

2 Likes

Still working for me as well. I mostly query with TeslaMate, but use your app as well for some querying, but mostly controlling.

1 Like

Yeah, that sucks. I extended my lease out 6 months, but by June I’ll be in a new car, so it sounds like TeslaFi may be one of my only options. I do wonder if the cost will be prohibitive enough that it won’t make sense for us to band together and pay the fee, but I haven’t seen anything on pricing yet.

Before I rolled into this app, I actually was sending some commands directly from rule machine to TeslaFi, and it worked fine, but the app is definitely easier. I do still have TeslaFi, but I was planning to discontinue my service at the end of the plan year since I’m now using TeslaMate for a faster stream of the data (I hope that doesn’t go away too), and Tesla Connect 3.0 for commands. So if the TeslaFi route is the only option, I’ll probably have to continue using it and am happy to contribute to building/testing the update to this app.

Now that Tesla has quite a few commands available in Apple Shortcuts via their app, I wonder if there is a way for iOS users (not sure if Android has similar feature) to use those shortcuts to call the commands. But I don’t think there’s any way to trigger iOS shortcuts externally (HomeKit commands can’t trigger Apple Shortcuts).

1 Like

I have tried and not been successful, though it was with ChargePoint rather than Tesla commands…

Actually, I wonder if it’s worth giving it a try if it’s free for now. I could make a copy of the app and try to register it at developer.tesla.com if it’s not something you want to look into.

Pre-post EDIT: Oh… Requires a legal business entity. I wonder if we could prod the guys at Hubitat to build something official. I think Bruce has a Tesla. They could be first Smart Home system with an official integration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'll take a look. I was using a command in an automation, but obviously it doesn't work anymore.

Hmmm, this doesn't look promising, simply given the fact that we can't really put much of a priority on developing / supporting this. Haven't totally ruled it out, but first blush, seems a bit much to take on.

4 Likes

Yeah, totally get it. Probably a fairly small portion of the Hubitat population overall. Thanks for considering.

1 Like

Too bad there aren't emoji responses to posts instead of just the heart. :wink:

1 Like