Tesla Connect 3.0 - Integration to Query Car Status - Deprecated, see below for replacment

for now i dont think i need to use it for querying.. just control.. if you have a better solution i am all ears.. as mentioned it is not broken yet for my car.. this seems to be only flipped on for newer cars and that is why people are having trouble executing commands

2 Likes

Still working for me as well. I mostly query with TeslaMate, but use your app as well for some querying, but mostly controlling.

1 Like

Yeah, that sucks. I extended my lease out 6 months, but by June I’ll be in a new car, so it sounds like TeslaFi may be one of my only options. I do wonder if the cost will be prohibitive enough that it won’t make sense for us to band together and pay the fee, but I haven’t seen anything on pricing yet.

Before I rolled into this app, I actually was sending some commands directly from rule machine to TeslaFi, and it worked fine, but the app is definitely easier. I do still have TeslaFi, but I was planning to discontinue my service at the end of the plan year since I’m now using TeslaMate for a faster stream of the data (I hope that doesn’t go away too), and Tesla Connect 3.0 for commands. So if the TeslaFi route is the only option, I’ll probably have to continue using it and am happy to contribute to building/testing the update to this app.

Now that Tesla has quite a few commands available in Apple Shortcuts via their app, I wonder if there is a way for iOS users (not sure if Android has similar feature) to use those shortcuts to call the commands. But I don’t think there’s any way to trigger iOS shortcuts externally (HomeKit commands can’t trigger Apple Shortcuts).

1 Like

I have tried and not been successful, though it was with ChargePoint rather than Tesla commands…

Actually, I wonder if it’s worth giving it a try if it’s free for now. I could make a copy of the app and try to register it at developer.tesla.com if it’s not something you want to look into.

Pre-post EDIT: Oh… Requires a legal business entity. I wonder if we could prod the guys at Hubitat to build something official. I think Bruce has a Tesla. They could be first Smart Home system with an official integration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'll take a look. I was using a command in an automation, but obviously it doesn't work anymore.

Hmmm, this doesn't look promising, simply given the fact that we can't really put much of a priority on developing / supporting this. Haven't totally ruled it out, but first blush, seems a bit much to take on.

4 Likes

Yeah, totally get it. Probably a fairly small portion of the Hubitat population overall. Thanks for considering.

1 Like

Too bad there aren't emoji responses to posts instead of just the heart. :wink:

1 Like

Should still work.for now unless you have a newer car ie last year or so.

My car is older, but it throws a deprecated API error upon commands.

What model do you have and which version are you on? I have a MY on 2023.27.12 and it’s still working fine, but I have 2023.44.30.2 waiting to install, which is the “recall” software. Wondering if it’s the actual software version, or they just started flipping switches, and if so, what might be the criteria.

On a side note, I just receive my invitation to order my Foundation Series Cybertruck yesterday (have a RN# within the first thousand)… could take delivery as early as next month. My heart wants it, but my head says it’s super impractical for me.

1 Like

Though call! It does have great features. In my experience, having the first of something can be a great feeling, but typically, the next version(s) have improvements that make it worth the wait…

Would be interested to hear how you like it if you do get it.

Mine's still working 2021 Model 3, on 2023.44.1. I also have the recall update waiting, but haven't installed yet. Probably going to update it within the next couple days, so I'll report back if the update breaks integration.

1 Like

They've started shutting things off, vehicle by vehicle, starting with vehicles that have not used the API within the last 30 days.

1 Like

It’s a shame that they don’t allow customers to continue to use the API for their own vehicles. Seems like a fundamental right. I understand the reasoning for charging developers that have created paid apps, but In the spirit of Tesla and its push for innovation, they should allow individual users to access their own vehicle via the API.

4 Likes

Still working querying my two cars (classic S and X), both running 2023.44.30.1 (the "recall" update).

I tested and was able to lock/unlock and start/stop charging.

2 Likes

yep got pretty far with teslafi testing.. i can query lastgood and wake commands. but it would not be usefull for querying as you are querying the teslafi server so you only get data the last time it actually hit the car.. but good testing..

i will work on using it to set commands next.. that should hit the car instantly.. but if they every disable the querying part of the api as well something else will need to be done as i belive tesla fi only hits the car every 15 minutes or so and i cannot see where to change that.. ie

1 Like

Thanks for doing this!

I use your app daily to adjust the charge level to match extra solar production. It has been working great!

some commands are missing in teslafi namely window and opening closing frunk truck.. think they are worred about getting sued..
anyway the set charging level and start stop etc. are avail..

unfortunately you will have to pay 50 a year for teslafi to have this and they dont support multiple cars in the api.. so if you want to use it with this integration with more than one.. you would have to setup 2 spearate instances in hubitat..

but it is doable.. we shall see.

but i believe that is the way this is going with teslas changes.. you will need an agregator that charges you and sets up a business and pays tesla for the access..

1 Like

TeslaFi hits every minute. In TeslaFi, if you go to Settings > Account > Advanced > Download TeslaFi Data, you can see the minute-by-minute history there. Unfortunately this was still too slow for me when driving up to my house, so that’s why I abandoned in the first place. I’m hoping TeslaMate will continue with the data stream, and I can use this for commands. Or perhaps under the new paradigm, TeslaFi will move the streaming API to update more frequently like TeslaMate.

3 Likes