Tesla Car to Hubitat

Hi all,

I'm trying to port a device driver and app from the Smartthings forum. It is to connect my Tesla to Hubitat.

I have it all working expect the presents sensor. My car doesn't have the homelink so I'm trying to use the Lat and Long to set my presence. Could use some help on that. Not sure if it is possible.

Thanks

Hi there, have you used the code as is from smartthings?

i guess the devicehandler should be imported as driver, and the smartapp as "app"

i ask this because i have been using the above code as a smartthings user, but have migrated to hubitat today...

i have modded the code in smartthings, so perhaps i can help when i have gotten it to work in hubitat, if you can confirm that the above is the case...

I have the code working.

Look at this thread Tesla Integration to Remind Us To Plug The Car In

It will help you get it setup.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hello there. Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

I installed this and it works great for my rules. However, I noticed that setThermostatSetpoint values do not actually reflect the exact number in the app.

This is what I have figured out so far:

Set Thermostat Setpoint to Actual temp in app
77 goes to 77
76 goes to 75
75 goes to 73
74 goes to 73
73 goes to 72
72 goes to 72
71 goes to 70
70 goes to 70
69 goes to 68
68 goes to 68
67 goes to 66
66 goes to 64
65 goes to 64

Just wanted to bring it to your attention, if you didn't know already. Otherwise, its a fantastic integration.

Yes there is. Click the link for the file and go to line 339.

Although now that I think of it, this may not be the owner. Sorry!

i have installed the tesla connect app and got it to work, but only for some hours

i suspect that it is because the access token i use is only temporary; so how do i get a long lived one?, and should it be inserted in 'Input new access token when expired?', or 'URL (on your server) that holds new access token as generated from python script?'?, or both?

Theres a detailed discussion at the bottom of here

I've found Teslafi works, but it isn't free long term. There does seem to be a pyhton script TeslaPy but I haven't gotten that working yet, although my Linux skills aren't great

ive looked at this and it cannot run directly as it requires chromediver as others to handle the javascript that comes back from tesla.. so it cannot run directly on the hub.. you may be able to get it running remotely

I've only tried to get it running remotely not through the hub - using windows virtual ubuntu.

Did you get it working Kahn?

as doucmented in the original thread teslapy no longer works.. they changed the way the login works and it hangs.. i had it working at one point on a server with python and pushed the token to a web location.. no longer viable.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.