Temporarily disable autolocking door

I have a Schlage lock on my front door. Schlage has a feature that automatically locks the door after a certain period of time of after it is unlocked. I find this useful, but it's problematic that it doesn't check if the door is actually closed. My door has an automatic closing hinge on it, so this sometimes results in the door being slammed with the deadbolt in the locked position hitting it against the door frame.

So, I've disabled that and built a rule with the door's contact sensor. It checks for the door to close and stay closed for 1 minute and then locks the door. Works great.

The problem is I don't have an easy way to temporarily disable this (cleaner's on site) or tradespeople doing work on the home. Is there a way to mimick Schlage's unlock-lock- unlock sequence to temporarily disable the autolock... and the reverse to resume it?

turn off the schlage feature of auto relock. with your rule in place , you can pause the rule, just a couple clicks. Or add to your rule to check a virtual switch position. This switch will be virtual and can be shown on a dashboard, if switch is on, the relock rule won't fire, since virtual switch position is one of your relock rule's condition.

Check out @lewis.heidrick Auto Lock app. It has a feature to lock/unlock the lock based on value of a switch. I use it along with my GCal Search app to unlock a lock based on a calendar entry.

I second autolock. I have a schlage and basiclly if the contact sensor on the door is open then the lock wont activate and I get a notice the door is not close right.

I use autolock too and have a virtual switch on my dashboard to pause it. So when trades people or guest are over I can pause it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.