Temperature / Humidity Sensors

@mike.maxwell I might start a petition to add humidity offset, even if it's not completely accurate. Case in point: I just today purchased an Everspring ST814 Zwave Temp/Humidity sensor, drilled holes in the wall and mounted it, only to discover the humidity reading is a good -13% below where it should be. Which of course renders it useless for what I installed it for. :unamused:

Eh, just use a user driver. Most/all of them have humidity offset.

That said, I'm not actually sure if there is one for the st804. Lol

Eh, yeah I tried an old one from @krlaframboise but the humidity offset field doesn't write. He has since deleted it, maybe it was unfinished.

I'll look... I might have one squirrelled away somewhere, as I used to have an st804.

For the record, I do agree with you and wish that all of the humidity supporting devices had an offset capability in the inbox driver.

whether they are repeatable or accurate or not makes absolutely no difference. They will be the exact same level of accurate or precise with an offset as they are without one. If the user wants an offset, let him have an offset. :slight_smile:

814 actually. :wink:

I did manage to get krlaframboise driver to write but had to reset and clear all the parameters beforehand and have it repair directly to the driver. Of course, none of these drivers actually update the LED display, making it a completely pointless thing now hanging on my wall.

Yes, I meant 814. In fact, I might still have it around somewhere - have to go junk box digging!

Edit: well I couldn't find a user driver for it... I know I started one, but it isn't with my others. Sorry.

No worries - it's streaming into Grafana correctly so that's all that really matters. :slight_smile: It's sort of a shame they didn't write any user calibration into it, as it otherwise could be a nice thing.

1 Like