Temp Sensor for Hot Tub?

Hello all,

I'm still just a few months into Hubitat usage. I have all of my bulbs and switches integrated, and I'm starting to branch out into other areas.

One problem I have is a semi-portable hot tub that we use regularly, but it is prone to shutting down without us realizing it (staying off after a power failure, auto shut-off after several days without usage, etc.), and it takes forever to heat back up. I'd like to find a temperature sensor I can throw into the hot tub and have it alert me when the temp drops below, say, 100 degrees, which is a sure indication that the heat/pump unit has shut down. Any recommendations for a sensor like this?

Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for you so sorry I can't be of any help.

I am currently looking for a suitable temperature measuring device that would allow me to monitor the temperature of the hot water in my hot water cylinder tank.

Therefore I would also be interested in any recommendations.

1 Like

I don´t have this running right now, but on my Vera I used a Fibaro door/window sensor which has an additional input for DS18B20 temp sensor. Temperature sensor | FIBARO Manuals

You can get waterproof sensors to use in your hot tub. This is what I was using.

When I first got the Hubitat (over a year ago) there was no good driver for this sensor and the batteries simply were emptied really fast, so I abandoned it at the time. I haven´t looked at this for a while.

Fibaro also have what they call a "smart implant" which can take sensor input. https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/smart-implant/

I believe this smart implant is a new version of their old universal binary sensor. I use quite many of these old types and they work really well. You can daisychain up to 4 sensors to one device. Measuring temperature from remote with Fibaro universal binary-sensor – model: FGBS-321 – Home Automation for Dummies

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.