Tasmota integration 2.5ppm sensor with HomeKit

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone can help (@Hubitat_Staff ).

I have a 2.5ppm sensor connected to Hubitat via Tasmota integration. Unfortunately, it seems that it's incompatible with the HomeKit (not supported). Does anyone know if there's a way to make it compatible?

(Moved this to its own topic since it's not related to the custom device drivers wiki.)

LAN and cloud devices, plus a couple other specific types, do not work with Hubitat's built-in HomeKit integration due to restrictions Apple requires on certified HomeKit "bridge" devices, which Hubitat is aiming for. Supported devices are documented here:

To integrate it into HomeKit, you would need to use some other method (e.g., HomeBridge, for which there are a couple options).

3 Likes

Gotcha!! Thank you for the answer :slight_smile:

Hopefully, in the future, there will be a way around it.

Probably not with the built-in HomeKit integration.

As @bertabcd1234 explained, it would require a change in Apple’s policies re: officially certified HomeKit hubs and the types of the devices they are permitted to integrate with HomeKit.

That’s probably never going to happen (although I’m not the CEO of Apple so I suppose anything is possible :slightly_smiling_face:).

Since Hubitat is trying to get certified as a HomeKit bridge, they’re not going to do anything to jeopardize that designation by Apple.

If you absolutely must have a type of device that isn’t eligible for the native HomeKit integration, you’ll have to use an uncertified method like Homebridge, now and in the future.