Tado data on dashboard

I want some Tado data show on my dashboard.
So I create a specific dashboard for my temperature, were I can switch my temperature.
But I show also the humidity of each room with Tado.
In the logging of the Tado driver I see Tado retrieves the outside temperature.

When I go to Logs > Live Logs I see the following:
app:72023-03-15 04:50:06.852 PMdebugSend Outside Temperature Event Fired

app:72023-03-15 04:50:06.847 PMdebugRead outside temperature: 8.83

So I see Tado is getting the current temperature.
I want to show this data in a tile into the dashboard.

What I did, is add a tile, select a device (the room where Tado is running) and under Template I choose for Attribute. But there is only a attribute for temperature. Not for outside temperature. Attribute temperature shows the current temperature inside the room.
But I want to show the outside temperature I see in the log.

ChatGPT says there is another way to show log data:

• Go to the dashboard you want to edit.
  • Click "Add Tiles" and search for "Log Notifications".
  • Select the "Log Notifications" tile and click "Add".
  • Adjust the tile's settings, such as size and colors, and click "Save" to save the changes.

But I see no Template like "Log Notifications". Is this perhaps old? I know ChatGPT's data extends to 2021.

Can someone tell me how I can get this done? So, how can I show outside temperature from tado (log) in a tile?

In general the HE built-in Dashboard obtains it's data for a tile from the Attributes of the device, displayed under the Current States heading in the top-right of a Device page.

I have never seen or heard of the kind of feature / steps Chat GPT was referring to. I wonder if it was quoting details about another dashboarding platform, and not the HE offering?

Also, the log you showed in your post was actually generated by the app, not strictly the device driver (see the "app" reference at the beginning of each log entry). That said, the fact that the app is receiving and interpreting the outside temperature if a promising sign. If the outside temperature is not currently available in the device attributes, it may worth requesting this be made available in some way, most likely on a separate device I would expect. Is the App / driver the custom Tado Connect one, or something else?

Hi @sburke781 , Thanks for your reply.
Yes, it is a custom driver and get it frome here.

I don't know if I can trust the data from ChatGPT. So that's the reason I asked on this Community platform.

There is so much valuable data from Tado's logging, but it's a pity that I can't get the data back on the HE dashboard. Or at least, I have no idea "how".

I understand what you are saying about the App logging and the driver logging.

You also say:

That said, the fact that the app is receiving and interpreting the outside temperature if a promising sign. If the outside temperature is not currently available in the device attributes, it may worth requesting this be made available in some way, most likely on a separate device I would expect.

What exactly do you mean by this? That I ask to make this accessible to the app developer? Or do you mean this differently?

I'm just a beginner, sorry, but what do you mean with:

most likely on a separate device I would expect.

Is this something I can do myself?

With your first question I was suggesting you contact the app developer and request the outside temperature be made available to include on a dashboard. The reason I was saying a separate device may be best is so you could use it more easily where a temperature sensor can be referenced, such as when using the Temperature tile Template or in rule in HE. If you are familiar with programming you can always modify the app code yourself to add features such as this, but ultimately it would be better to have it available in the main version of the app.

Might try adding:

attribute "outsidetemperature","number"

after the line that reads:

attribute "tadoMode", "string"

in the device driver (about line 51). Looks it might be available from the parent app, and under ST was available under a tile, but not a permanent attribute. Adding this line would give it a permanent storage location if the parent app still fills it.

Note 1: Don't trust that chatGPT is always telling the truth (it doesn't)
Note 2: If the above doesn't work holler and I'll look inside the parent app to see if there is an easy fix.
Note 3: It looks like the parent app may also set presence and a few other values that may not be permanently recorded in the driver...

2 Likes

Hi @thebearmay ,

Your awesome, it works! And i've learned how to add data.
Thanks a lot!

Greetz,
Martijn

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.