Sync three-way switch digital states without actually syncing the physical states

I have three thirdreality switches controlling a set of three-way switches. I cannot modify the existing switches to smart switches because it's an rented apartment, so everything is motor controlled.

I am trying to figure out a way to sync the states of three switches digitally, so whicher ever changes the state, the group state would toggle. However, I do not want the physical state of the switches to sync because that would create a disco thing.

I have looked into the switch binding app, but that would still do the physical state sync, and because they're physical motors they are very hard to sync to avoid disco.

Is there an existing app that does what I am looking for? New to Hubitat, your help is much appreciated!

Update:
I have solved the problem with Lutron Aurora Dimmers, which snaps on the existing switch and locks it, works well.

Dumb question, but why control both (I assume there are 2 switches?) switches? If you just pick one and cover up the other one, it should simplify your automation.

Edit: looked at a picture of the device on Amazon, looks like there is a button on the device as well: https://www.amazon.com/THIRDREALITY-Smart-Switch-Kit/dp/B07LF87R86

I still think you could save yourself a headache by picking just one switch to automate, covering up all other switch(es) and then using a remote of some sort for other location(s).

You can use the Hubitat mirror app for this.

That is a very reasonable suggestion an I appreciate it.

There are three switches and my initial thought was to still be able to click each of them physically (the button on the device just toggle the motor, cannot modify its function via software), and I also would wish status display on my Apple Home (I used the Homekit integration).

But I guess you are right, covering those two switches up and replacing them with mini zigbee switches that controls the master switch will be easier. I have also thought about this before, the only little issue is I have pretty bad OCD, so I was trying to avoid inconsistency as much as possible.

Anyways, appreciate your advice. English as second language, sorry if any sentence confuses you.

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the Mirror app. Unless I am missing something, looks like the app syncs the actual physical devices' states.

The beauty of Hubitat is you don't have to stick with one type of wireless technology or brand. For your other switches, you can get a switch that looks like a more conventional switch. Such as the Zooz from TheSmartesthouse.com

I have solved the problem with Lutron Aurora Dimmers, which snaps on the existing switch and locks it, works well. Thank you for the recommendation though!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.