Sync Ring & HSM Rule 5.0

I have the Unofficial Ring Connect app installed. Currently I have the following done in Rule 4.0. I need some assistance in creating it in Rule 5.0.

Any help getting this to Rule 5.0 would be appreciated.

I don't use the Ring Integration, but that being said I don't see why the same rule structure wouldn't work in RM5? You probably could change the trigger to HSM status "changed" instead of having 3 different triggers, but that's really just a personal choice.

Also, keep in mind there really isn't a reason to "upgrade" the rule to RM5 if it's working fine in RM4.1.

According to the new release of Rule Machine, once the platform is updated to 2.2.9 then the Rule Machine Legacy will go away.

The 3 triggers are so that when Ring or HSM is changed to either Away, Home, or Disarmed it will do the same on the other.

If you're only using Away, Home, and Disarmed (not Night) in HSM, you shouldn't need three separate triggers, HSM mode "changed" would do the same. But again, that's just a personal choice.

2.2.9 will remove RM 4.1 (legacy) from being able to install new rules, but existing rules will still be available and work indefinitely. There are many users still using rules from RM 3 and prior. The only reason to "upgrade" rules is for new functionally (hub variables, predicates, etc) or because you have OCD like me and just want all your rules "new and spiffy".

I tried the changed when I set this rule up based on a recommendation and HSM wouldn't sync to the exact same as Ring because Ring calls them Away, Home, and Disarmed.

Good to know. I may leave this one in RM 4.0. I misunderstood what the context was. I too have OCD and want things in the newest and greatest if possible. I guess I'll have to live with this one being left in 4.0.

Thanks for you help!

"Changed" is just the trigger, for RM. The rule conditions/actions are independent of the trigger.

If you have the trigger as HSM status changed the actions you have will still work as you have them. Also, there is no reason that I can fathom that this same rule wouldn't work in RM 5, if it doesn't it would be a "bug" that needs to be squashed.

RM 5 Example rule:

Actual rule I use for simply announcing the current arming state of HSM, but similar to what you are doing with yours albeit with different actions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.