Sylvania/Osram Lightify Bulb Groups

Thanks for suggestions, but unfortunately the workaround with RM triggers doesn't work, because looks like RM can't capture on/off events with the Lightify bulbs turned on/off by the dumb switch and as a result no trigger actions will happen. If only @mike.maxwell would be so kind to implement the save/restore bulb state in HE, otherwise the only solution I see is to use a redundant smart switch to capture these events.

I use the Lightify dimmer switch on the two groups of bulbs I replaced with Lightify bulbs. That allows me to make use of the smart bulb features without the downsides of turning the switch off and actually cutting the power to the bulbs.

As mentioned above, you’re not “supposed” to use the physical switch with smart bulbs because it creates issues like the one you’re having.

A Lutron pico would be another option to achieve the same end (with HE, since the Lutron integration is amazing, wouldn’t work with other zigbee hubs like the Lightify dimmer switch would).

1 Like

A better option would be to get a zigbee or z wave switch to control the lights. This is what i do as i also want switches, constantly down powering your zigbee lamps is just going to mess with your network. I have the fibaro dimmer 2 doing the spots via retractive switch then the s2 input controls the zigbee lamp in the middle of the rooms via another retractive switch.

edit

sorry @marktheknife i didn't read your post saying the same thing :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys.