Sylvania LIGHTIFY Smart Switch 8 Functions/ 4 Buttons

I followed your advice for the two that weren’t working correctly and confirmed the correct responses in the zigbee logs. Hopefully they’ll continue working

1 Like

I'm assuming the 0x300 was my light (Brian's Desk) being sent color commands (it's a Sengled Color bulb). Either way, I'm still going to try to re-configure the devices and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion.

This is the event that I see on Zigbee logs when I press the button and nothing happens.

Lightify Button - Brian 2019-09-05 19:48:55.363 profileId:0x0, clusterId:0x13, sourceEndpoint:0, destinationEndpoint:0 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-53

This is it when it's working

Lightify Button - Brian 2019-09-05 19:49:06.330 profileId:0x104, clusterId:0x6, sourceEndpoint:1, destinationEndpoint:1 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-53

Sorry I confused things by putting the commands being sent to the bulb in there.

We'll see what happens tomorrow!

That’s what mine does. Same zigbee log when not working. Such a bummer because I have 11 or so of the Lightify 2 button dimmers that have worked perfectly every time for the past year and a half.

So far, so good. I've gone a few days with no issues on my buttons!

1 Like

I have 3 working perfectly now for several days, and 2 that I keep having to press 3 times to get working. One of the 2 was working perfectly, but I reset it (mistake) and now it isn’t. It seems like I have to reset and rejoin them until they behave properly, as the configure didn’t seem to solve the problem. Maybe it could be a repeater issue.

@mike.maxwell I installed these remotes again to give them another try. They had been sitting overnight and I tried pressing a button. I pressed 3 times, a few sec. apart, and then the light came on. I had logging on prior to pressing the button. The log only shows 2 entries but the button, as I said above, was pressed 3 times. I followed your procedure above with buttons 2 & 4. Previous to your procedure I had 2 "current states" entries on the device page, after the procedure I see 4 "current states" entries.

Here is the log entries.

Remote - Lightify - LRN2019-09-12 15:04:50.959 profileId:0x104, clusterId:0x6, sourceEndpoint:2, destinationEndpoint:1 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-65

Remote - Lightify - LRN2019-09-12 15:04:44.894 profileId:0x0, clusterId:0x13, sourceEndpoint:0, destinationEndpoint:0 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-64

I tested a second one just now and it worked the first time but there is a strange entry in between with the 0x0 entry.

Remote - Lightify - LRS2019-09-12 15:18:23.759 profileId:0x104, clusterId:0x6, sourceEndpoint:3, destinationEndpoint:1 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-64

Remote - Lightify - LRS2019-09-12 15:18:20.740 profileId:0x0, clusterId:0x13, sourceEndpoint:0, destinationEndpoint:0 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-64

Remote - Lightify - LRS2019-09-12 15:18:19.330 profileId:0x104, clusterId:0x6, sourceEndpoint:3, destinationEndpoint:1 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-64

I have had this same problem, but now am up to 5 of these switches connected and working on the first press every time. For some reason, the ones that are the farthest from the hub were the easiest to get working properly. I mean upstairs and near a Samsung plug. I had originally joined and configured them close to the hub without any ZigBee lights or plugs nearby, but out of the 10 I connected that way, none of them worked without pressing 3 times (and yes, the second press would never show up in the ZigBee log). When one of the switches acts that way, I followed @mike.maxwell s advice and wake up the switch by holding button 2 and 4 down and hit configure while it is blinking (and maybe doing it again or hitting some other buttons 'cause it doesn't seem to take any instructions if it is not blinking). I'm just adding one at a time and if it doesn't work right I either rejoin it or reconfigure it until it works.

I think I see the issue from what you said. When I hold down 2 & 4 it flashes green 1 time but does not continue to blink. This may be the problem. Is there a time to hold them down to get it to blink green? I am not getting it to do this.

EDIT: Here is something interesting. I pressed 3 & 4 and it flashed yellow and then went solid yellow after about 5-10 sec. and then I pressed Configure and the light went from yellow to red and went off. The buttons seem to react very quickly. I will see what happens.

2 Likes

2&3 I meant, sorry for the mistake

OK, buttons 2 & 3 are the same ones used to include so I can see where that would wake it up. I wonder what buttons 3 & 4 are doing to it as I mentioned above?

Wild! I haven't heard of doing that. Did all of the button presses work properly after that? I have never seen yellow on any of mine; just red and green light.

Yes they all reacted very quickly and lights came on as soon as I pressed the dang button. Don't know what the heck it does!

Mine as well. Was following post and tried the 3-4 combo. Light flashed yellow, then went solid until I hit config. Both of mine seem faster (maybe wishful thinking) will try again tomorrow.

Turbo mode maybe? :thinking:
Watch, it probably disables power saving or something and the batteries will be dead in the morning.

If the batteries are dead you didn't here it from me!! :grinning:

Let us know. It is strange but it does seem faster. I hope Ken isn't right!

1 Like

I don't usually say this, but I hope I'm wrong as well. It would be nice to have all 10 of these things working. Although I bought so many Hue dimmers, maybe I'll have a wall of just dimmers, like a master control panel.

I just remembered that when I used on of these on the Lightify hub, it flashed red like that when it saved its configuration after programming. Maybe that needs to be done after configuration in order to save it. Maybe @mike.maxwell will chime in on this (and tell me wishful thinking). Anyway I tried that approach on 3 that weren’t staying connected. I’ll see in the morning.

There isn't a specific zigbee command to save, so I have no idea what the red flashing is all about...

Thanks for the input. It was a bust since the switches already lost connection. It seems that just rejoining them over and over until they stay connected is the only thing that works. Configure doesn’t seem to make a difference. I have noticed that this seems to happen much faster away from the hub and near one of my Samsung plugs upstairs. I have 3 that have been working perfect for weeks now and they are all upstairs far from the hub. The ones close to the hub I’m on the struggle bus with and may just have to reallocate them to upstairs duty if they don’t get with the program soon. BTW there are Sylvania RGBW bulbs all over the upstairs and downstairs (40+), and 22 Hue lights (on the bridge) , 5 zigbee contact sensors, 6 zigbee motion sensors. 12 zigbee plugs,, 12 Sylvania dimmers, 5 Hue dimmers, and no other problem devices.