Sylvania LIGHTIFY Smart Switch 8 Functions/ 4 Buttons

I couldn’t keep mine working with the peanuts. I have picked up a few GE zigbee switches on clearance at a few different Lowes in my area for $5-8 each and have phased out the peanuts. I also have the Sylvania plugs and 4 Samsung as well. The Samsung seem to repeat for at least 8 devices each.

It has been over a month since I moved 9 Lightify 4-Button switches to my new HE and they all still work on the first press every time. I will say they were the first things I paired to the new hub, and there are only Samsung, Sylvania, and GE plugs and GE in-wall switches as repeaters (no Peanuts).

I was one of the first to use one of these button devices. I had trouble with it missing first and sometimes second presses. Then one day I lnocked it out of it's holder on the wall and when it hit the floor it physically came apart into several pieces. I put back together but it kept coming apart and when it was together, it didn't want to work half the time. So If you like this device, don't drop it. I ended up tossing it in the trash and replaced it with this one, which has the same functionality, but seems much more reliable. And it even has a rechargeable battery.

They have been working perfectly for me and for $8 each I am thrilled. I have dropped them and they came apart, but I haven't had any issues with them staying together. I put a 3M contact strip on the back of the ones that kept getting knocked off. When I bought my second hub, I paired all 9 of these first. They take a while to load the configuration, but once done I haven't had to mess with them. I even changed zigbee channels 3 times while trying to find the least interference, and they picked it up immediately. I think the Peanut plugs I had were the trouble prior to getting the second hub.

They aren't $8 any longer. $25 last time I checked. :frowning:

Mine work fine, too, and my only repeaters are a bunch of Peanut plugs and one of @iharyadi 's awesome devices.

My only problem is that the Sylvania buttons are $25-30 everywhere I look instead of $8-12 like they used to often be. Are you guys still able to find them at a better price? I'd like to get a couple more.

I've been checking around from time to time as well and it's been a while since I've seen them that cheap. Now that mine are working so well I wish I would have bought more.

On sale again on eBay. This seller has them in lots of 4 and lots of 12, with Make an Offer capability. Shipping is excessive, but I figured I'll make an offer on a lot of 4, so now wait and see . . .

1 Like

In making the eBay offer, a window popped up suggesting $22.46 to be the magic number, so I entered that for my offer. Accepted. I had a further surprise when, upon checking out, shipping had been reduced as well, works out to $9.35/remote! The lot of 12 could possible be even cheaper . . .

1 Like

@Ken_Fraleigh these switches are driving me mad. I wrote a post for Mike for any advice, then I read your post. But I tried that combination at least 100 times. It doesn't work for me. I guess the european version has a different firmware vs the US one so the pairing process is different. Don't know what else to think.

Hmm. I wonder how they behave when paired to a Lightify gateway...

Do you have a link to the exact version you're having issues with? I'm wondering if it might be better to just run it through that as an intermediary... I don't know how button controllers report to Lightify yet, but I'm interested in adding them to the driver :slight_smile:

Check two posts below that one for the exact Amazon link.

I know mine don’t flash blue to join, I think it is a redish-orange. The pairing procedure you described is how I joined them. I don’t know what other zigbee devices are on your hub, but I know Peanut plugs will keep them from joining or working properly. I have Samsung plugs and some GE switches and dimmers that they have been working with and haven’t had any issues since joining them. When I got the second HE just for end devices, I paired all nine of my Lightify switches first and was amazed how smooth it went. With my first HE hub I had joined the Peanuts first (not knowing at the time they were problematic) and it took literally hours to get all of the switches to join. They did each take a minute or two to complete configuration and show up as a Lightify switch on the new hub because of all the configuration information that needs sent.

It's a different product. I will return them back. Thanks for the help Ken.

1 Like

I looked back at your link to it and it looks like something I’ve seen on the European Sylvania websiite. It must be a newer version.

Yes, it does a lot of things I don't really need, and we don't have a driver. They are going back to Amazon. :slight_smile:

I’ve had good luck with these if you can get them there

1 Like

Do tell, please.
How do you have a xiaomi motion & centralite outlet on the same hub? Everytime I add the centralite the Xiaomi falls off a day or so later.

It's one of my dev hubs maybe one or two perminant devices on it.

Well, this thread is getting a little old, but I'll post here as a first try. I have several of the Lightify 4-button switches, and when they work they work rather well. I have two problems with them, however...

1. Pairing them with HE is rather iffy. I go through the pairing process, and most of the time not all the functions of the switch are enabled. The missing functions seem to be random. One time it will the button-1 press function that is not recognized. Another time it will be the button-3 release function. Every time I pair these switches, something seems to be missing from it's capabilities. Is there any "magic sauce" that will help me to pair these switches so that all the functions work, first time and every time?

2. For some reason, with one particular switch button, and it's associated group of lights, when I press the button to turn on the lights, the lights briefly flash and then turn back off. Looking at the log, I see the button press, the light level being set, and then for some reason I see that the light group was turned off with no command being logged that would do that.

I love these switches, because once they are working properly they are quite versatile and work consistently. But getting them to pair and work properly seems to be a trial and error sort of thing. Any suggestions on how to make this work better?