Sylvania LED light strip not setting Dim level properly on turn on

I was recently reminded of how terrible these (and Peanut plugs) are as repeaters, even for themselves. I installed my junk drawer devices in a house I inherited to make it appear occupied when I’m away. Netgear X6S, SmartThings V2 hub, 9 Osram bulbs, and 4 Peanut plugs. With an open floor plan and everything on the same level, I’ve had to rejoin 4 lights and one of the plugs already. Oh, and SmartThings reports that everything is directly connected, also SmartThings alerts daily that hub is offline then online a minute later. I think it’s crashing from the Peanut plug that sent 75,000 messages to it :person_facepalming:t3:
BTW, the house is on a large lot with no WiFi interference and the hub is in the very center if the layout. So glad I switched to Hubitat!

OMG! :slight_smile: Wow, just great.

So it seems only 1 of my 3 LED strip lights are OSRAM. Luckily I have 3 xbee's acting as repeaters in my house and my zigbee mesh is rock solid.

1 Like

:joy: I can’t be blamed for being a leak this time!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.