Switching to Hubitat has been a challenge so far- HELP!

Hubitat uses ZHA, HUE uses ZLL. I believe you can't have on one radio both, ZHA and ZLL, so HE uses ZHA because is more related to all Zigbee devices for home automation vs ZLL that is more for lighting stuff

3 Likes

I believe it’s the difference in the way GE Link (and other zigbee bulbs) function in a ZLL mesh like the one Hue creates vs. a ZHA mesh created by Hubitat and other hubs.

2 Likes

The same radio can process frames from either profile at the same time, as far as the hub radio is concerned it could care less if the device is using alertMe, ZHA 1.2, ZLL or Zigbee 3.0 profiles...
That doesn't mean all of these frames make it to a driver at some point, most broadcast application frames are dropped as an example.

2 Likes

Sorry to ask Mike, this means that could be possible to make the hub use ZLL for bulbs only? They are a problem always, I ended removing them all but leaving the Sengled and the Yeelights only, so it will be good if implemented in some point in the future.

Thanks

Thanks all for the advice, its been a big help. My conclusion is the GE Link bulbs are likely my problem due to their buffer overflow issue. Here is my plan of attack:

1. I will replace the 12 interior GE Link bulbs with Sengled Classic bulbs. I am going to leave the 6 GE outside floodlights for now. That will make all 20 interior bulbs Sengled.
  2. I am going to add several Ikea repeaters
  3. If I still have issues I am going to remove the outside GE Floods and put back on Wink for now to see what happens. If that fixes things I will probably leave them on Wink until they die (since that automation is simple sunset - sunrise), then buy some new floods.

I'll have the new bulbs tomorrow (thanks Amazon!) and Ikea repeaters today. I'll update you all on how that works.

Any feedback on that plan?

1 Like

As I said, one doesn't "make the hub use zll"...

I have a separate HE running all my bulbs, and nothing but bulbs.
Osram/Sylvania/Hue/Ikea/Sengled/AduroSmart..., all of them, some are ZLL, some are ZHA...

1 Like

Ok, thanks Mike

I wish I read this post last week. I JUST expanded my Hue bulbs to cover my kitchen and patio taking me to around 40 bulbs total. Really hope I don't start seeing this issue. Especially since I also have my Hue integrated with Google Assistant, Alexa and most recently with Hassio. I'm going to remove Alexa at a minimum since I only had it there as a backup in case I decided to move back (no longer an option, I'm GA all the way now).

1 Like

Yeah, it's mostly dependent on what's on your network. I have close to 100 devices on my WiFi, so that a LOT of chatty traffic and I had GH, Alexa, IFTTT, HE, SmartThings and Home Assistant all connecting to my Hue. It's not really a problem with the Hue itself, but the fact that the API is completely HTTP based.

Wow...got close to 70 wifi and a ton of wired devices myself....including a Roku that's streaming 4K kids content non-stop (at least it feels that way). Hopefully I'm worried about nothing.

Do you have mesh wifi or ubiquiti AP's?

Currently, Ubiquiti APs, but I have a mesh system available as well (multiple ones as I'm a techno-pack rat lol).

I replaced all the GE Link bulbs with Sengald tonight. So far so good. I should know in a couple of days if its made a difference.

4 Likes