Switching to hubitat from smartthings. No lifx?

In the process of switching to Hubitat i found i cant connect my lifx lights. I switched for the hubitat safety monitor. is there a way to connect lifx to hubitat to control wifi lights. I still have smartthings to control these lights but the hub connect options dont let hubitat control smartthings controlled devices.

I believe thereโ€™s a community developed driver for Lifx bulbs.

1 Like

If you want hubitat to control things in Smartthings look at Hubconnect. I would suggest the community driver if there is one.

1 Like

If you mean HubConnect, it does. :slight_smile: (The built-in option, on the contrary, is one direction only.) But I'd personally leave the SmartThings cloud out of it and connect them directly as a suggested above instead.

Theo issue with lots of wifi devices is that nothing is standardized (beyond the protocol), so you need a documented or reverse engineered API or some way to connect the devices (or proprietary partnership, which SmartThings has with some vendors--and Samsung's own appliances, for example). Luckily, LIFX has the former. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use my old ST hub with HubConnect for any of the weird thing that HE doesn't do "yet" :wink:
Set it up and use LIFX if HE doesn't pan out. I use mine for Fibaro and some Xiaomi devices that are too far from the HE hub.

OK so i connected HubConnect to my Hubitat and Smartthings and also my Homebridge. I went into smartthings and told it what devices to share. I went back into Hubitat and i dont see any devices. What am I missing..?????

Hard to say without seeing more information, but the logs should give you a clue. My best guess is that you did not install the necessary HubConnect drivers on Hubitat. You'll need the HubConnect drivers for the appropriate kind of devices (or just install them all to be sure; Hubitat Package Manager makes that part easier) on the "remote" hub, the one without the "real" device, which would be Hubitat if you're sharing from SmartThings.

2 Likes

Jake,

A list of needed drivers is provided at the bottom of the screen you select the devices to share from Smartthings. Make sure you scroll down after selecting all the deivces to share to see the list and then keep that list up and open your hubitat hub and make sure the drivers are loaded there. If they are not add them. You don't need to add all of them, but you may want to so you don't have to keep doing this. Another option is to simply use HPM to load all of the Hubconnect on your hubitat devices.

This applies in reverse as well if you want to send hubitat devices to Smartthings.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.