Switching from Wink to HE

May be able to exclude them using the HE.

Thats what I already tried, but I'm going to try to move the hub closer to the switches and try again.

A huge percentage of Include problems are because the Exclude failed. Right click on Hubitat's Log menu item on the left and Open Link in new Tab... or whatever your browser says for that function. Start the Exclude and then switch to the Log tab and do the steps required by the device to go into exclude. The logs will tell you an unknown device was excluded.. which is exactly what you want to see. You can exclude again and again and you'll get a log entry for each try. Or in other words, just because you think it excluded, it will not hurt to do it again. :slight_smile:

Only after a successful Exclude can you begin an Include. And if it fails, it will not hurt to start again with the Exclude. :smiley:

1 Like

What I did last night was put the HE into exclusion mode, then as the directions said pushed the switch up or down once. It didn't work once. The directions were just about the same for the switch and the fan dimmer.

Shot in the dark but you may want to try air gappping them or flip off their breaker for about 30-60 seconds to clear their volatile memory, and then retry the exlcusion.

1 Like

I thought about cycling the power off. I don't know if that will work because I have had power outages and when everything came back on they worked. At this point I'll try anything before buying 2 new devices.

Ok good news, got the fan controller to connect to the HE. Now just the attic switch is being stubborn.

1 Like

You may need a repeater. I found, when I came from Wink, that the Hubitat antennas seemed to have less gain than Wink. I just shrugged my shoulders and got a bunch of repeaters, and that fixed it.

You want to laugh, the attic switch is closer to the hub than the fan dimmer. lol