Switching from Smartlife, need some device recommendations

Hello Everyone!
short quick back story, then onto my question. all of my smart devices currently run off the smartlife app (bulbs, plugs, rgb strip controllers) and a ZigBee hub connected to it running iris V2 motion and contact sensors. My issue is that the sensors aren't technically supported by the hub, and I get DAILY drop offs of devices to the point that its giving me a headache. I have 2 options:
Buy the generic Chinese sensors its supposed to use (Roughly $250 to replace them) OR..
Finally make the jump to hubitat and buy all new bulbs and plug sockets and continue to use my iris sensors.

im obviously posting here because im leaning toward the hubitat side. so I need YOUR help in picking new bulbs and plugs cause I assume my wifi stuff wont really work anymore. I will not use Philips hue bulbs as theyre expensive and IMHO don't look great. the things I need are:
tunable white br30 bulbs
tunable white & rgb a19 bulbs
warm white a19 bulbs
cool white a19 bulbs (or just a tunable one if that's cheaper)
ZigBee plug socket (prefer one that wont obstruct other outlets)
4 pin rgb strip controller

currently I have my eye on sengled for the majority of my white bulbs and possibly the color ones, and the Sylvania smart + for the colored a19s and br30s, but ive heard they have a lot off issues. also, any opinions on Samsung button vs xiaomi aqara button? kinda want a few buttons for various automation. anyway, any and all suggestions are welcome, and I hope to become the newest hubitat member here shortly!

Sengled bulbs work well and I believe they have everything your looking for, including the strip controller. Peanut Zigbee plugs are decent and small as are the newer Samsung Plugs. Samsung Buttons have worked well for me, I'd stay away from Xiaomi myself as they don't fully conform to the Zigbee standards so I've had more trouble with them then the few dollars saved was worth.

1 Like

Stay away from OSRAM/Sylvania... the colors or horrid and they are very bad zigbee repeaters to add to your mesh.

1 Like

sengled only appears to have a 2700k br30 bulb. to get tunable white or just 5000k or 6000k (theyre in the kitchen) im pretty sure id have to go with their colored version, which is double the price over the regular br30. also have you run into any issues with the peanut plugs? if not, they seem like the cheapest option and ill definitely pick them up. am I right to assume theres no good way to continue using my smart life stuff?

okay good to know lol what about the smart plug? I was told it acts as a decent repeater? im currently looking to pick up the peanut plugs, but im open to anything at this point

The only thing I noticed with the peanut plugs was it joined as a device so I assigned it the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver. I'd suggest the Iris V2 Smart Plugs since they are both Zigbee and Z-Wave repeaters I think you can still get them on Ebay. They don't make them any longer as Iris went under.

If your bulbs and sockets are wifi, then you may find a solution here directly on Hubitat. I got my Magic Home compatible WiFi bulbs working using a community driver. There is also a post here somewhere about SmartThings switches. Check it out carefully before investing in all new devices.