Assuming a neutral wire is present, I am curious the types of setups people are running when it comes to smart bulbs, smart plugs and smart switches.
I have the following in the house (let us assume there is a neutral wire):
- regular non-dimming switches
- dimming switches
- solitary lights like lamps
- overhead lights that are recessed
Basically I am curious what distribution people have found to be successful and fruitful.
- I plan on using smart plugs as range extenders to get my kwickset smart lock to link to alexa.
- I plan on using smart plugs on items that it would make sense to turn off independent of main lighting (solitary lamps)
- I plan on using smart plugs just plugged in as extenders
- I think that smart bulbs can provide the same function as switches and smart plugs but may use bulbs in things like lamps
- smart bulbs in ceiling lighting that do not dim
- smart switches for ceiling lighting that do dim
these will all run thru my hubitat or alexa depending on branding
does this make sense?
anyone have any thoughts on setups that have been successful.
My plan is to first convert lights we frequently use that would help us with routines I can run for bedtime, etc.
thank you in advance