SwitchBotAPI Driver for SwitchBot Bot

i think you mean @tomw

1 Like

@tomw I am so sorry if I've given credit to the wrong person.....

Don't worry @bulltipper . There are two drivers. I've made a very lightweight driver for the Bot device (which is the start of this topic). Separate to that, @tomw made another driver which supports many different switchbot devices. It is a bit confusing, I understand.
Regarding your question about the contact sensor, I assume you're not using mine, but the other driver. Therefore I can't answer that specific question.
Welcome to the club anyways :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@toffehoff beat me to it, but this thread is for their Bot driver which is great.

My thread and integration has support for the Bot plus many other devices including the contact sensor: SwitchBot gets an open API! - #17 by tomw

And just for the record, the API that both integrations are based on is provided and maintained by the SwitchBot team, not either of us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I do see in my hubitat I used @tomw 's API

So that bring said, if switch not only allows to button on the contact sensor to be used as an exit, push button and open door, there's no way for me to just use the button as a button on the contact sensor?

Let's chat over in my thread to avoid any confusion in @toffehoff 's thread.

Well this work with SwitchBot Tilt - the one that opens the blinds? I'm looking into this as a solution for automating some of my horizontal blinds. I have Alexa, but would love to use something that can be operated through Hubitat.

My package supports the blind/tilt devices: SwitchBot gets an open API! - #17 by tomw

2 Likes

I'm not having any luck with creating blind tilt devices. I have the device handler installed.

Please post in this thread: SwitchBot gets an open API! - #17 by tomw

Can someone maybe dumb this down for me! lol

So It has been a long time since I have had to do any real coding work. I JUST got a hubitat to control a Zwave device I recently got. This part of it works great as the drivers were all built in ready to go.

However I want to combine all of my systems into one place, which means integrating my switchbots into it.

I have no problem with getting my token from the switch bot app, but when it gets to the part where I am opening a cmd prompt to use that token either I am blind or the steps don't quite line up for me. The how to video attached the guy isn't using hubitat to do it and basically skips right over this step.

Is there anyone willing to either make a video of the entire process or to give me dumb person instructions on how to make this happen please!

Hi, no worries, I've also had to learn and did some very basic mistakes. Am glad you have the guts to ask :slight_smile:
First off: are you using windows, linux or mac as your computer? The curl code is for windows, maybe that could already explain things. (I will update the readme.md to reflect it is windows).
If you are using windows, can you tell me what error message you get?

I am windows based. However I kept messing around and finally figured out what I was doing wrong for getting the device ID. JUST NOW actually.

That being said now I am trying to finish the rest of the process. I have added the switch bot system driver to the drivers code area. I also added the switchbot curtain driver. I added them as two separate drivers.

Now I am trying to add the device, so I go to add virtual device. Once there I change the type to
Switchbot Curtain. Give it the correct name. But I dont see anywhere that I can put in the three parameters (OpenToken, DeviceID and Press/Switch mode)

Great to hear you've managed to solve the curl issue.
You mention you're using the switchbot curtain driver. That suggests you're using @tomw driver, that could explain why you don't see the parameter fields.
This is the devicepage of the switchbot-bot driver (with the parameters):

Nice catch, you are correct. I was using the drivers from @tomw

I have added yours and now see the correct parameters for the token and device id.

Will this control the curtain devices or is this only for their switches?

I am trying to add 4 of the new curtain controllers that ride on curtain rods and two of the shade controllers that twist blinds open and shut

As I continue to play around, I have been able to successfully add both of my blinds using the drivers from @tomw. Essentially loaded his system driver and then once that was loaded and token and secret code put in I was able to click create child devices and it loaded the blinds.

however I have not been able to get the curtains to load

I have also continued to try to use your drivers and I haven't been able to get them to load anything. I know it is something I am doing wrong. Just can't figure out what

You can check out my thread for info on using my drivers: SwitchBot gets an open API! - #17 by tomw

@tomw do your drivers support the newest version of the curtain bot? The Curtain 3?

I think that is my problem

Moved

1 Like