Switchbot integration

I don't think there is any direct integration but you may be able to get it indirectly. If they support IFTTT you can use the built in IFTTT support. Same with Alexa or Google Home.

1 Like

I'm ideally looking for a way to make all my devices local, instead of having to connect to a cloud (one of the reasons for choosing Hubitat over Smartthings).

Therefore was wondering if a custom device type handler had been created for switchbot to integrate into Hubitat

(I'm new to home automation so I apologise if my understanding of how this works is incorrect).

The easiest way is to see if smartthings has an integration and port it over

They've promised ST integration if one of their "stretch goals" on their crowdfunding platform was reached, but I'm not sure if that ever happened, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the "new" SmartThings API that wouldn't stand much hope of being ported to Hubitat by anyone.

Some people have asked for a local RESTful API from their Bridge device. That would be the best hope of getting a Hubitat integration. Staff are open to this idea, it appears, but are really pushing IFTTT (as if everyone wants to need the Internet and a third-party cloud service to open their blinds or push buttons): https://www.switch-bot.com/forum/general-discussion/is-there-an-api-for-the-switchbot-hub. I'd suggest IFTTT for now and keep pushing them for a local option.

1 Like

This would be absolutely great if they supported this device. I've found that the Switchbot Smart Switch and SwitchBot Hub Plus to be very helpful and would be amazing to use locally.

I too would be interested, been looking at their new Switchbot Curtain product and it appears to be the only product on the market that works to retrofit rod-style curtains to be smart curtains. They are out of stock now, restocking late October I believe they said, but any sort of Hubitat integration would definitely be a plus.

I own a Switchbot Hub and there is native integration with SmartThings. Works pretty good, but it is not local. I don't think it can be local.

I just joined their facebook group and I saw this post. I hope we can take advantage of this.

2 Likes

Any update on this? I was thinking of getting a switchbot for my dumb air purifier.

1 Like

I am also interested in this. Though has anyone seen this - OpenWonderLabs/python-host: The python code running on Raspberry Pi or other Linux based boards to control SwitchBot. (github.com)?

So it looks like you can control the devices via Bluetooth as well. Then we would need a way to integrate Hubitat with the Pi to control the devices. Unless we can just connect a Bluetooth dongle to the Hubitat?!

Looks like a new api is out that is local http REST

On GitHub: OpenWonderLabs/SwitchBotAPI

I wrote a set of drivers based on that API: SwitchBot gets an open API! - #17 by tomw . It is also listed on Hubitat Package Manager.

One quick note- it is not local. It bounces off of the SwitchBot cloud. They do not support a local-only integration and there was chatter from SwitchBot support that they don't plan to.

1 Like

Which SwitchBot device would you use -- the Bot itself, or is there actually a SwitchBot plug or something? There is a plug mentioned in their API documents, but I can't find it for sale anywhere.

Just the bot itself.

Cool, well, I have the Hub Mini and a Bot, and it works pretty well with my driver. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

1 Like

What a bummer -- I have been seeing more and more videos and ads for this stuff -- but to find out that it's cloud-only is really disappointing. Same dilemma I face by potentially adding the Keen vent hub to my existing vents in attempt to improve battery life.

Looks like this might be a Chinese knockoff Zigbee version of the Switchbot.
Anyone care to order and see if it works with generic zigbee drivers?

Price is really good as well so I'm very tempted...

Where do you see that it supports Zigbee? I see that it says zigbee in the title, but the description seems to state it is Bluetooth much like the official Switchbot Curtain.

Wasn't sure either but the title did say Zigbee as you already noticed and the manufacturer says this as part of the ad: "Nashone is a professional household switch manufacturer for 20 years. We are professional in RF technology, our product are related to 433.92Mhz,868Mhz and 2.4G(Wifi & Zigbee)."
But yeah, that doesn't mean that this device is necessarily Zigbee. Those Chinese manufacturers are slippery that way...

Didn't know the original Switchbot was Bt actually! Assumed it was Wifi. That could explain why this ad has a Zigbee wall switch in it: maybe the zigbee switch connects directly to the Switchbot's bluetooth and provides a workaround for Zigbee integration??