Switch Toggling on and off in a loop

I seem to have developed an odd problem. After a 2 week absence from the home, I got back and I have one switch that continuously switches on and off. About once a second. It makes the auditory switching click/sound. And it just keeps going on a loop. (This is a GE smart switch).

Do I assume correctly that that switch is just physically busted? I guess just remove and replace it? Seems odd though, that it would break in such a fashion.

Thanks
Markus

If you're concerned that the switch is being controlled to act this way by your hub, then check the Logs for signs of such activity. Doubt you'll find any there. Sounds like a unit failure, the best remedy for which is to remove/replace the unit and contact GE/Jasco Customer Support for a (free!) replacement. They are very good at honoring warranty claims of this sort, even (especially?) with older products.

Thanks.

Not worried about a security breach. Just strikes me as an odd way to fail. But it sure looks like a hardware failure.

1 Like

That’s how my GE switches failed. Eventually it will stop clicking and only the led will blink.

1 Like

Yes, that is correct. If left alone long enough, it just blinks.

This now seems to happen a lot. I have about one switch fail every other month or so. Which is starting to get very annoying. :frowning:

Markus