Suppress alerts and rearming

G'day all,

I have a requirement to disable Arm Home for a short period of time (or suppress alerts at least) and then be able to rearm based on the modes and presence ive defined in HSM APP.

My questions are

1. Can we suppress alerts if a switch is on or condition is met?
  2. If the above is not possible and i must disarm, what is the most efficient way to re-enable the correct arming option jased on my already defined hsm rules.
    Surely there should be a way without having to rewrite the rules.

Yes, there are several ways to do this. Here are two:

1. In the HSM app, go to the “Configure Arming/Disarming/Cancel Options” button towards the bottom of the first screen of the app.
    Then, under the “Use buttons pushed to arm/disarm” section, click on the “Cancel Alerts with this button device(s) pushed” or “Cancel Alerts by turning On one fo these switches” and select the device to use to disarm.

2. Create a Rule Machine Rule and trigger it from the condition you want met (switch on, etc.) and have the action be to “Cancel All Alerts” and/or “Disarm HSM”.

Thanks Sebastien. The issue i have is to do with how i arm and disarm the gym. I have a button i use to light the pathway if its night and disarm the gym. Once im done in the gym i would like to rearm it. My HSM is currently configured with Arm home and Arm night based on modes. There is no buttom to rearm the correct "Arm" state based on the mode and time of day. I.e if its night i need it to re-arm with 'Arm night', if the mode is Day i need it to re-arm with Arm Home state.

Is there anyway to do this without using rule machine. And the reason id like to avoid the use of Rule machine is, i dont want to be needing to change HSM and a manual rule, each time i make changes to how my home arms and disarms.

What would be nice is to allow hsm to arm the home with a push of a button and automatically know which arm state to go into, based on your HSM preferences and modes etc

I have used HSM to do something similar, so someone else in the community can pipe in if they have other suggestions… :slight_smile:

What I did was to add contrition to the button press:

If mode = Night then
HSM Arm Night
Else
HSM Arm Home
Endif

By I have not changed my HSM and mode preferences in ages…