Support for GE Appliances (SmartHQ)

Got it, thanks.
No applications listed, only the appliance.

I signed up with US login.

EDIT: sorry, yes there is:

Still no action on the HE parent device.

I'll contact you via PM to see if we can sort this out.

2 Likes

Now that SmartHQ finally has an API and I finally decided to get my water filter integrated, I decided to check on if someone has a driver and lo-and-behold it is @tomw! We have WAY too many similar things apparently...

So anyways, I am adding in my water filter but it is not a supported type (I expected as much). I am capturing the log information and will send it to you in a PM. Thanks for YET ANOTHER awesome integration!

2 Likes

@snell and I were able to iterate quickly, so v0.9.8 has Home Water Filter support. It supports valve and mode adjustments as well as filter life monitoring. We may add more functionality, like flow rate and daily usage, in the future.

And if you're wondering what happened to v0.9.7, @gassgs and I snuck that one in with improved Dishwasher support. You can now issue start and stop commands and track your dishwasher pod usage. We'll be looking at expanding that type of functionality to other appliance types, where supported.

All of these are on GitHub and HPM now. If you installed manually, be sure to update the bundle as well as adding or updating the child drivers mentioned above.

2 Likes

Just installed this today via HPM and I have put in my correct Email and Password in the SmartHQ System device but I am getting the "token failed: status code: 403" message. I even updated my password and confirmed my devices are showing up in the SmartHQ page like talked about in this thread. Not sure what else to try at this point, any help would be appreciated!
I am in the US as well fyi.

1 Like

I'm also discovering this for the first time today. Installed via HPM, Everything shows good in the app.. I even changed my username/email & password - and kept trying various things. I keep getting"

2022-10-10 08:16:30.505 PM debug token failed: status code: 403

The app works, I can even login and link other stuff to SmartHQ.. Just can't get this to work.

Thanks!

I honestly don't know what to make of these login and permissions errors, because the login flow that I am using is an unofficial path that appears to fail for a small number of users, and I don't have a way to debug what is going wrong.

I am in the process of trying to get enrolled in their official developer program, but the progress on doing that (and being able to move to an official login flow) has been slow. I will keep those that users who have reported issues posted on any progress and new versions to try.

If you're willing, please send me a password via PM that fails to work. It doesn't have to be your full email/password combo, and it doesn't even have to be your current password. I'd like to try to set my account password to the same thing to see if it fails and if I can get any further clues. Maybe the password is getting mangled by my code somewhere along the way -- that's my best guess at this point. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I just temporarily set my GE password to Hubitat1 and still the same thing. I have tried different simple passwords and they all have the same results.
Thanks for looking into this!

Ok @tomw I've had success..

I checked out your smarthqhelpers library and did some testing. I logged in with a browser then checked the cookie info.. Your region was set to east coast - so I changed it to what the site gave me after logging in which was "us-west-2":

@Field cookie1          = "abgea_region=us-west-2; Domain=accounts.brillion.geappliances.com; HttpOnly; Path=/; Secure"

After that everything worked, it logged in, made the Portable AC device, and that device worked when I tested it.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

You are the man! This worked for me too!

1 Like

Great find! I'll add the region as a configuration option to the SmartHQ System device and publish a new update to my package.

2 Likes

Glad I could help!

I just pushed v0.9.10 live with region selection options on the SmartHQ System device.

Thanks a ton to @NerdShowAndTell for tracking down the fix and for testing my changes.

FYI, @kbo5000, maybe this version could help with your login troubles. If not, please post here and maybe @NerdShowAndTell can help us track down whether you are on yet another region that I need to add.

2 Likes

It looks like I'm available to log in now, and my child device has appeared.
I'll play around with it later on to test functionality.
Thanks to all involved.

1 Like

Is there any support for the Opal 2.0 ice maker? I have one and would be willing to test.

Not yet, but it doesn't look too bad to add some functionality.

Please check out the readme that I linked to here, and send a private message to me with some debug logs of activity on the ice maker.

So, when I use HPM to install it wants me to pick drivers to match my appliance. I do not see a selection for Opal ice maker. Do I just pick one and and get logged in?

Yes, actually just don't select any for now. You'll still get the required SmartHQ System driver. Then you can login from there and still get the debug prints I need to get started.

I just pushed v0.9.11, which has support for the Ice Maker.

Thanks to @chadgadget for the interest and for testing help.

1 Like

Thanks for setting this up. This is what I've been looking for. Any idea if range hoods would work? Mine works with the smarthq app so I'm hopeful. I can send the log entries if you have time for it. thanks.