Support for ewelink - sonoff in lan without tasmota or raspberry

hi, its there any way that someboby make a driver or something that make posible to use the sonoff switches or the ewelink stuff with HE ? i have a lot sonoff t1 light switches and sonoff basics etc but i only use them with the ewelink app connected to alexa, i was looking to make them work with HE without flashing them with tasmota because they are installed and it will be messy or with out make a node.js server with raspberry etc, i dont have the skills to make a driver or config for them in the HE but they work fine with ewelink app in lan mode with out the internet connected in my home so i think that could be possible an integration with HE in some way, home assistant have lan support for ewelink with some drivers maybe somebody can borrow a part of that code for that... please help

2 Likes

Wanting this too for some WiFi peanut type plugs I have and some nice touch sensitive WiFi wall light switches. I currently drive them from HE using IFTTT which is not ideal due to Cloud/delays. I suspect the issue will be the vast range now of products that work inside the eWeLink app. Time to learn how to sniff packets and write drivers I guess :smile:

The is only possible for wifi devices if the device has a local API that hubitat can Access, which I do not believe the Sonoff devices do. So, it would be a cloud implementation. Personally, I would not take the time to develop such an interface since there is a local option once Tasmota is loaded on these devices.

i believe they have some kind of local api, in the newer products they call it rest api, and the old products full updated work fine in the lan network without internet connection , i have all the sonoff full updated and i have been tested them without internet connection in my home and without internet cellphone too only lan/wifi network enable, the ewelink works fine and all the sonoff change they icons to some kind of lan network and i can turn them on and off without problems and without internet so there mustbe someway, not everyone can flash the sonoff and the T1 light switches are a lil bit more dificult to do that, the thing its why home assistant can do that and HE cant?

I will gladly second this request. (or more likely 1001"th it!)

1 Like

i found this two web sites talking about hack it without firmware update and show a way to connect to the sonoff etc etc it could be an start point
https://wiki.almeroth.com/doku.php?id=projects:sonoff#known_hosts_ports

https://blog.ipsumdomus.com/sonoff-switch-complete-hack-without-firmware-upgrade-1b2d6632c01

and i found this other too where they talk about the way they used those sites etc

https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18470

the resume, you need a webserver...

So, you would need a Raspberry Pi.

or something in the hubitat that help to emulate or to run the file with the connection config....

Which is never going to happen, so something outside of Hubitat. Yeah, sounds just as complicated as flashing custom firmware.

maybe no, maybe yes, a problem can have multiple solutions, maybe someone findout a way, or maybe the developers help everybody and try to do something about it.... the idea of use HE its make simple and usefull the home automatization and sonoff its now a big part of that world ... the last thing we have to loose its hope so lets wait for someone to findout a way

As a 'newbe' I am fighting the ewelink/sonos control from EH. After looking through the community, all I see are work-arounds and no driver/app capabilities. Without using Alexa, Smartthings or reflashing is this just an 'unsupported' type of answer that I should expect? Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

1 Like