Support for Bond hub

Thanks for the tip... That's the first place I looked and couldn't find it. My app version is 1.138.6(1) and the app store says it's up to date, so I figured there was no other way to get the token and went searching until I found it the hard way!!! lol

Should I be using a different app or version? Where do I get or how to update it?

You want the bond home app. Sounds like you have the bond bridge app.

As @dman2306 said, you'll want to get our all-new app, it's called "Bond Home" on the app and play stores.

I know this is the Hubitat forums and not the Bond forum, but I have some questions about how well my particular fan would be supported. This is what my remote looks like. I think the biggest issue, which I didn't even think of until just before I was about the order a Bond, is that I think the button for the light is just a toggle. There is no separate on/off button. So as far as I know, Bond will have no way of knowing if the light is on or off if the remote is still used, and my goal is to keep it as simple as possible and not remove any control options.

The fan won't have this problem really, because even though the power button is a toggle, we don't usually use it that way. If we want the fan off, we hit the power button. If it's off and we want it on speed 3, we just hit speed 3.

And.... I have no idea what the house button does other than make the light blink a few times, or what the timer button actually does since there are dedicated 2, 4, and 8 hour timer buttons.

Thank you... I'll update my app.

Thanks !!!

Im glad I came across this thread. I am now going to order a Bond. Does this allow you to automate the fans in hubitat with a trigger?

1 Like

Yeah mate allows you to fully integrate into HE it's bloody awesome.

Is there a way to call ToggleDirection in Rule Machine (or otherwise)? I have the app functioning and can set speed and turn the power and lights off, but can't figure out how to toggle direction. Thanks!

Yeah I think you just need to do a custom action.

Hmm. When I try to do a custom action in Rule Machine, it only offers on, off, setSpeed, and setDirection. Is there a way to cause it to offer ToggleDirection? ToggleDirection is listed as a capability in the fanDetails in the app, so I believe the fan has this capability.

Just made the jump to the beta firmware 2.9.3 and then found there is a single hub limit in the Hubitat integration App at GitHub - dcmeglio/hubitat-bond: BOND Home Integration for Hubitat. I remember reading somewhere that the beta Bond firmware had a higher limit for the number of fans. Can't find it now.
Anyone know?

Ah I'm sorry now I understand, I have not implemented the "toggle" commands, only the "set" commands at this point. So you'd need to use setDirection. I'd need to code that support still.

Got it -- will use separate buttons for the time being. (And thanks for all of your works on this, BTW)

I don’t know the fan count limit but I’m sure @bond-jacob or @bond-merck does. I’ve been considering adding multi hub support. I’ll probably just make it so you can install 2 apps as a quick fix. Wondering if others out there have more than one hub?

Np. I’ll take a look at the toggle command this weekend

@edramski

30 is a safe catch-all answer. Some devices take up much more space than others, some Bonds have a smaller database than others. In the worst case (big devices and small database) you should be able to successfully control 30 devices. In the best case (small devices and a big database), you can store much more. The API limits you to 100.

1 Like

I bought my first bond in Dec 2017 and at the time articles cited a 6 fan limit. I have 9 ceiling fans in a single story 5 bedroom range style house, so I bought 2 Bond controllers (both A version). I have since migrated to Hubitat and one of my issues had been scheduling and controlling the fans via Hubitat. I made the jump to the beta firmware yesterday and although there may be issues with range I am happy to hear the higher device limit. Today I plan on migrating all my fans to one Bond and move that Bond to a central location. I will post the results.

1 Like

Right, that was due to poor design choices early on. We basically started from scratch about a year ago, and at that point we'd learned from some of our mistakes, so we were able to avoid this sort of limit in this "V2" firmware.

Today I plan on migrating all my fans to one Bond and move that Bond to a central location. I will post the results.

Great, let us know how it goes!

I deleted the fans on one of my hubs and then recreated the remotes by adding them one at a time to the remaining beta hub. It was fast and easy, creating a remote with the beta 2.9.4 is sooo much better that the original was back in Dec 2017. So anyway I then deleted the Hubitat Bond App (That also deleted the fans it had already learned) then reinstalled the App, it quickly found all 9 of my fans and controls them fine from one centrally located Bond Hub. The furthest fan to hub distance is 40ft through 3 drywall interior walls. The fans are all standard 3 speed-light-mechanical reverse switch on the fan, except two fans are 3 speed-1up/1down light with remote reverse) My hub is on top of the kitchen cabinets which puts it at 12 inches from the ceiling . ( I had asked a long time ago and never got a good answer on the hubs antenna patterns) but this has worked for me. Thank you to everyone who made this possible.

3 Likes