Support for Bond hub

@dman2306

I'm using the BOND Fan With Direction device driver and the forward and reverse functions seem to work!

Cool! Pretty sure I'll have time to make dimmers work this weekend but would need someone who can test

Hopefully I'll be able to test it eventually. The light dimming function on the Emerson fan remotes has always been kinda clunky (slow) and so I didn't use it very often, mostly just turning the individual lights on/off.

1 Like

Is it safe to assume we just need to be patient and wait for cloud devices to become local, or is there something we can do to expedite the process?

I believe that is true but @bond-jacob or @bond-merck could probably confirm

How do i find my Bond Token?

Click on your Bond Bridge in the hub app and it will have the token there.

I'm assuming its under the "About this Bond" ID is what I'm looking for? I use that ID and put in the IP Address and I'm not seeing any devices.

Yes, this will happen automatically for you over the next few weeks. This is my singular focus right now! We've got working offline forms of a lot of the popular remotes now. There'll be an app release, probably next week, that'll support local control of such devices. At that time, I'll start the migration process.

Hey everyone - been a super useful thread. Fan control seems to work great - but light control doesn't seem to be working. I don't see an error related to that. I do see a repeating Java error which seems isolated to a single device

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '0000004c' on null object on line 342 (updateDevices)

In this current setup I have 3 fans and 1 fireplace.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Hey all,

In the past week we've released local versions of many of our supported fans. When you get a scan result from the Bond Bridge, it displays some codes to identify the fan's protocol. We now have offline support for the following codes:

RCF84, RCF98v2, RCF104, RCF124, RCF118, RFP4, RFP5, RFP10, and anything that doesn't start with R.

To give a clearer picture of where we're at in support for local control, that covers about 95% of remote instances of our V1 userbase. To get a local version of your remote, you should get the beta app version (public links to get a beta app are here) and update to the most recent beta firmware (v2.8.1 at time of writing). Create a new device of one of the above types, and you should be set for local control. (@bbuckles76)

We'll also probably get this in the App/Play store releases next week, if you'd rather wait for that.

If you're wanting to use a device with @dman2306's Hubitat driver, but it isn't yet supported offline, please let me know so I can prioritize it.

Hi Mike... I struggled with this quite a bit as well, but was able to figure it out. Here's what you need to do to get your token:

VERY IMPORTANT: Power cycle your BOND HUB

Then, within a few minutes (no more than 10) issue the command below from a browser:

http://your-bond-ip-address/v2/token

You should be able to see your 'token' as one of the values returned. If the value of 'locked' = 1, you need to power-cycle your Bond Hub.

You then copy/paste your token on the App below the bond hub's IP and after clicking 'next', your bond devices should be visible.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi, I'm pretty new to HE (two weeks into it now) but have been able to successfully migrate 70+ devices from VeraPlus so far and I'm having a blast!

I was able to also get the Bond Hub working tonight using your App/Dev code (only 1 fan on it so far) and managing the device from HE is no issue. Setting speeds, on/off and foward/reverse work great!

The question is: How do I go about 'refreshing' the HE device every so often (mins perhaps) so it properly reflects state? My fan state can be changed from it's remote, from the Bond App as well as any of our Alexa devices.

Preferably, I'd like to have Dashboard reflect the true state of the device at some point.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

@zappalag are you saying it doesn't? It should refresh the device state every 30 seconds. Could you provide a little more detail on what the real state of the device is vs what Hubitat says? My challenge is I don't have any BOND Fans so it makes testing a bit more challenging, I only have a fireplace... @bond-jacob any thoughts on how I can test locally? Any tools to create a virtual device for BOND or something?

Thank you for your reply... Your comments made me think it could be something I did as I had a few issues discovering my device at first (could not figure out the token but was eventually able to). So, I went back and started from scratch before continuing on wild goose chases...

Device discovery went smooth and I re-tested... All is working great and the state DOES refresh on HE regardless of using Bond/Alexa to change it. False alarm!

Thank you so much... really nice to have my Bond fan integrated in HE!!!

2 Likes

This is great. I've got all three of my fans working in Hubitat now!

1 Like

Make sure you have the most recent firmware (I think >2.7.15 should be good?), and you could create the most common type of fan with the following curl:

curl -i <bond_ip>/v2/devices -H "BOND-Token: <token>" -X POST -d '{"template":"A1", "properties":{"addr": "10101", "zero_gap": 30, "bps": 3000, "freq": 303850}}'

You can switch "template" to "RCF118" for a simple stateful fan with a settable brightness

1 Like

FYI, the mobile apps also make the token visible for you in the Bond settings screen, you can tap to copy it.

would there be a template that basically "has it all?" up/down lights, dimmers, configurable direction, etc?

There's no template with everything, but "A1a" has all those features you just listed.