Support for Bond hub

They have my contact info if they need something from me.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for letting me know so I can point them in your direction if needed.

@dman2306 - Got word from Bond. The re-issued a new Token and all went back to normal. They're still investigating what could have caused the problem in the first place and may get back to me with root cause. In the meantime, things are working just fine in HE world.

Thank you so much for jumping in to help. Much appreciated.

Be safe and stay healthy!

Great, glad it's sorted out! If you hit any other issues let me know.

Maybe I’m not looking in the correct place but I can’t figure out if bond will support my fans I have 3 fans controlled by harbor breeze remotes. Any idea of this would be supported by bond?

I don’t know. First thing would be to try to have it learn the remote. If that doesn’t work, post the fcc Id from the back of the remote on the bond forum and they will telL you.

I noticed this in my logs for the first time today. Haven't noticed any misbehaving. Any ideas?

Bond Integration is app399

The integration is having trouble communicating with the Bond hub. Ensure it's connected and that its ip hasn't changed

I have multiple models of Harbor Breeze fans set up on an original Bond hub. Only real issue is that reverse is not supported via Alexa (works on Bond app but I never use it). Which is why I am poking around this thread. Also have my Bond running an electric projector screen (not officially supported) and a few other fan brands.

I talked with bond support and they said that bond should be able to be trained in manual mode but that the couldn’t say for sure. I think I’ll probably give it a shot.

You could setup a Virtual Switch called "Family Room Fan Reverse" then use RM to setup a rule where on = reverse, off = forward and have that rule call the Reverse command of the fan driver. Then expose that switch to Alexa and boom you can control it.

I just loaded the Bond app and all device apps. On the second screen the app is not seeing any devices. Am I missing a step in the integration? I set a static IP on the Bond and checked the Bond app token.

Any errors in the logs?

I noticed the devices weren't added as virtual devices. I only need fan control with direction and only loaded this device as a virtual device. The others have been added.
I got this error in the log just now:
app:2302020-05-23 09:25:57.892 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException.getResponse() is applicable for argument types: ()

Can you double check the IP of the BOND Hub? That is saying it can't connect to it. If the IP is correct, if you run a ping from windows (command line - type ping the ip here
does it succeed?

It shows up in my router admin and here are ping results:
don@don-System-Product-Name:~$ ping 192.168.1.6
PING 192.168.1.6 (192.168.1.6) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.1.6: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=6.28 ms

I don't know if this is related, but the hub sometimes hangs up in discovery coming out of the portal.hubitat.com page. This morning, the device would not discover and I had to use advanced discovery, mDNS which worked quickly.

Also the ping succeeded

Ok, if you go in the BOND App on your phone, and click on the hub from the list, what is showed for the # in Devices Associated?

It shows 0 devices. In case it matters, the Bond App is on my iPad.