Support for Bond hub

I was hoping this functionality could be in Hubitat somehow without having to go to the Bond app.

1 Like

Ok. I haven’t used that feature. What does that toggle do?

The picture he posted has Bond believing the state of the Light is off. You would toggle it to on if the light is actually "on". You would use state when you just have Bond controlling the light.

I believe it is called Tracked State in the app.

It lets you change the status of the light in Bond app without sending an On/Off Command. It's useful when the significant other uses the original RF remote for the fan and the light gets out of sync. If this functionality could be incorporated into your integration, that would be awesome. If its easy to just send a Patch Request as I mentioned in my previous post, that's fine too. I had just never heard of a Patch HTTP Request and don't know the context to do one.

I can work on this tomorrow during quarantine induced boredom. You’re just looking for a custom command to send this? That should be easy enough.

@stephen_nutt I have the concept working. I started working on it for fireplaces first since I have one. For example, I now have the following commands. I assume this is what you're looking for?

That's it. I appreciate it. I hope I am not the only person that will find this very useful. Thanks.

Ok, should have it done later today. I tested out the fireplace stuff and it's working. What features does your fan have? Just trying to inventory what you can help test.

Simple setup. On/Off and 3 fan speeds plus off for all 4 fans. They do allow dimming if you hold the native remote's light button but I am just using the Bond Fan driver.

Alright, I just updated the code. You will need to get the latest app as well as driver code. Let me know how it works.

1 Like

I updated app, Bond Fan & Bond Fan Light drivers. I didn't update any of the other drivers because I don't use them. I then cycled thru the app to discover devices again just in case. I am getting this in log when I try to fix the light:
ERROR: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_bond_BOND_Fan_465.fixLightPower() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) values: [Ainsleys Fan Bulb, 14a2a212, on] on line 31 (fixLightPower)

I can use the fix for the Bond Fan and change it back & forth from off & on without actually turning fan off & on or fix the Speed without starting the fan blades.

Can you reupdate the fan driver? I was missing something

I re-imported Fan Driver and Fan Light Driver. It's a different error this time. It looks like it is trying to set the speed for the light bulb power.

Sorry what command did you run on what type of device?

Edit: stupid typo, please update the fan driver again.

1 Like

SUCCESS!!!! You are brilliant. This probably seems minor but it's a great help. Now, I can set up the Eria remote so that pushing a button can turn light off/on and holding that same button will fix its state. Great work! I wish I had a fireplace so I could utilize that portion of your integration.

My wife likes to use the native remote in one of the kids' bedrooms because of my earlier problems getting Picos to play nice with Bond hub so I am having trouble getting her to stop using the native remote. I guess I should probably just hide it while she is quarantined at her parents house half a country away. :grin:

3 Likes

Sorry, if it's already covered...long thread: I see separate drivers for "fan with direction" and "fan dimmable light." My two new fans have both. How do I get both in one driver?

They're separate things. The Fan With Direction is the fan driver and then Dimmable Light is a component device for the light. Basically, a device can't implement the same command twice (on/off) so to be able to turn the fan vs. light on/off you do it with child devices. Short story - it should work fine.

Still not getting it sorry. I installed and just see the fan. How do I add the light child?

Ah! Got it. I just opened the app after installing the light driver and the child showed up. Nice!

1 Like

Ok this a long thread....new to HE, starting to get it, I think. i installed 3 of these drivers and the app. I see from reading that you can have a bond fan and then a child for the light. I'm not seeing how to do that. I have the Bond app with 1 fan setup (I just got it today) and everything works good there. I installed the app integration but can only control the fan and not the dimmable light. Can someone help a newbie please?