Support for Bond hub

Great, thanks. Agree w/your approach as well.

This gives me an opportunity to thank you again for this integration. One of the most important ones on HE for me. Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

Glad you find it useful. One day I plan to make it a little better, it was one if the first HE integrations I wrote so I've learned a bunch since then!

1 Like

Just installed this and it's working but on the dashboard I can't get the light to display anything but a ?. I tried Bulb and Switch. What should I be using? The Fan part seems to be fine.

Great work!

Edited.... the switch icon does work but it just shows a ? and if I choose Bulb I get a slider but the slider does nothing but clicking on the ? will turn it on and off. It would be nice to get them to show as on or off.

Disregard they are now showing. I guess it needed to sync or something.

1 Like

@dman2306
Hi, I have a question my fan has a timer option is there an option for that in hubitat?
thanks

If the Bond integration doesn't support that option (my fans don't have timers so don't know) and if you have a consistent amount of time you want it to run every time you use it, you could use this realiable and easy to set up app to control the fan's run time. Very simple, works w/out issue.

If you want to set different times each time you use it, not sure about that.

No, the integration does not do anything with timer commands. That said, can't you use RM to achieve the same effect?

2 Likes

ok why I ask was I saw a driver for fan timer I thought I had missed something

Ah. Great point! Let me explain. That’s actually a light timer. There are certain fans that implement a dimmer where you hold the button down and how long you hold it determines how dim to make it. I implement that using a timer. So you say “dim for 10sec” hence the name. But it’s really about the unique way those dimmers work, not a true timer. If you get stuck trying to do it with RM, I’m happy to help.

I have this rule:

That shows it's currently false but the fan is running. Do I need to test for each possible speed? I'd think ON would work for any speed setting but that does not seem to be the case? Could it maybe?

No. What does the bond app on your phone say? The most likely situation is bond is out of sync such as if someone used the original remote or light switch instead of bond to turn it on/off.

I had thought that and it was at one point and then I synced them again. I just turned it on via the dashboard and the app showed it go on.

Then I triggered the rule and it did not turn off. The log shows:

So it knows it's "low" but it doesn't see it as On. The dashboard does show it as low and I can turn it off just fine from the dashboard. It is a fan with an on/off toggle and not discreate on off buttons but it did appear the Bond hub and Hubitat both knew it was running.

Oh. Don’t set the rule up for a fan, then yeah you’d have to check each possible speed. Set it up as a switch. All a rule does is compare strings. So “on” does not equal “low”

Will give that a try thanks.

1 Like

Hi Guys, I'm new to Hubitat, and somewhat home automation in general (I've previously just done some basic stuff with Alexa and LAN/Wifi devices). I'm trying to migrate my exist devices over to Hubitat and have hit a snag on trying to add my Bond Brige. I've followed the instructions from another post to add the App and Drivers, but getting an error when actually trying to connect to the device. It is possible I have some more basic issue, but I have been able to successful add a Yeelight.

Error: No signature of method: java.net.URISyntaxException.getResponse() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: getReason(), getMessage(), getMessage()

Any ideas? If there is something more helpful I can provide or do to test let me know.

What IP address did you specify for your bond hub while configuring the integration? I suspect it's incorrect.

Ugh thanks. You were right. I had tried a few times, but apparently Google had attempted to autocorrect the first time so something that with a glance, looked the same. Appears to be working now. I hope to ask more intelligent questions in the future.

3 Likes

Haha! I am going to steal that and probably say it several times tonight.

1 Like

Man's reach should exceed his grasp. :wink:

Well said, this is also a dream of mine. :smiley:

1 Like

Notice I did not PROMISE to do this :wink:

2 Likes