Super Random Lofty Slowness (MS, Groups, Zigbee)

I would also check on the ST forum about the specific device. Maybe someone else has tried them out of dug in to find more info.

1 Like

Just FYI,
Iโ€™ve got 2 of those Switches/Repeaters driven by Iris MSโ€™s, switching on standard GU10 lights and Iโ€™m not seeing any random issues or delays.
There are devices routes through the Repeaters but I do not have any Xiaomi.

if it didnt happen with my group that has a Hue in it, id be suspicious. But since it happened there too I thought it might be group related vs routing/response related.

Since you guys are talking lag, one thing I donโ€™t think I mentioned about the Peanut plugs was that I had one as a Zigbee Hub Watchdog device for a week. Randomly about 2 times every day it would take anywhere from 2-5 seconds to run. All of the other runs were 250-350ms and the plug was only 2 feet from the hub. So it very well may be that his plugs are delaying the signal if they are repeating for his devices.

i would have to say this issue has only been noticable within the last 2 or 3 weeks

Alright, so this has taken me sometime to get back to, but I caught one tonight and had the thought to grab it.
Motion is detected at 9:10:05 and the light finally turns on at 9:10:06

09:10:06.310 pm info yee front bathroom was turned on

09:10:05.826 pm info Hue y bathroom was turned on

09:10:05.575 pm infofront bathroom lights level is 100%

09:10:05.554 pm info front bathroom lights switch was turned on

09:10:05.289 pm info Front Bathroom MS is active

That all happens in less than 1.1 seconds. I have noticed slight delays in groups that involve Hue bridge lights. I no longer include Hue lights in groups with other lights. I just have my automations turn on 2 separate groups in areas with Hue and Zigbee or Z-Wave devices. I have replaced all inside Z-Wave switches with zigbee since Zwave is slow.

This one was a "shorter" response time, as I said about some can get up to 4 seconds.
Also the ones above are single light groups using Yeelights as opposed to this mixed group.

Yeelights are wifi if I'm not mistaken. I had similar problems with TP-Link devices. You don't happen to have a Netgear router do you? I do (X6S), and it maybe because I have 1 WIFI name enabled, but it doesn't like to play nice with 2.4Ghz devices, my printer included.

nah I have a tplink router.
and my wifi is taken care of by my orbi's - which are netgear.
my orbis play pretty well with all the 2.4 gear I have on them, my airport express always gave me problems with 2.4

Apologies

Robe MS is linked to an Ikea bulb on the hue bridge
Bathroom MS is linked to a yeelight
Front bathroom MS is linked to a group yeelight + hue bulb