Sunrise / Sunset Bug in 2.2.3.145

Same here. I also have rules that are firing despite being deleted/paused. Here is one, this device used to have a Mode rule but I had paused it , and eventually deleted it; it doesn't not have any active rule associated with it anymore but it still keeps turning on.

It turns on every day and I have manually turn off lights. Gremlins at work!!

Sorry to pile on here but in addition to bunch of rules not working, none of notifications are also working anymore, additionally some of other devices are also not working. I am not sure what to do..... I love the platform and in my 5-6 month with HE so far, I have been able to create rules that were not possible with Wink but whatever I had in Wink consistently worked for years, Here things randomly stop working!! How do I know it's not a Hardware issue with my HE?

@gopher.ny Should I send an email to the support mailbox?

go to hubitat.local:8081 and do a safe shutdown. Pull the power for 30 seconds and boot it back up. You should be good to go. Once you get it back up take a look at your logs and see if you can find out what caused it to lockup. Probably a misbehaving device or a failed pair.

Unfortunately, it didn't help. The ghost rule is still firing and the ones that should work, not working either. Log do not indicate much as well.

Sure you don't have something setup in Alexa or Google?

Agreed. Does it come on at a particular time? One way to test the Alexa/Google theory, if you can spot a time window, would be to disconnect your hub from the internet during that window. If light still comes on, then it’s something on your hub. If not, focus on Alexa/Google sources.

No, I do not. These were devices added recently and also rules written exclusively in HE. I have zero routines in Alexa and I don't use google hub for anything (it's actually unplugged).

Keep in mind, this particular rule is one of many that just randomly stopped working (it was not fully executing the full rule routine), I tried troubleshooting but when I didn't go anywhere, I deleted it thinking that eventually I will re-write it. So rule is gone from RE but one of the (ghost) actions still triggering even evening. Just like it did today.

What shows in the logs as the app (rule) causing the action?

There is[quote="672southmain, post:88, topic:50291, full:true"]
What shows in the logs as the app (rule) causing the action?
[/quote]

There is no rule anymore. But in the device event logs (screenshot in my previous message) shows device turning on. If you see closely, you will see there is an ‘off’ event as well, some of which are tagged as ‘manual’ because I am turning it off manually from the switch. It’s a Lutron Dimmer switch. If I don’t turn off it will eventually turn off in the morning because the (now deleted) rule was configured to act based on Sunset/Sunrise timings.

This is one example of erratic rule. I have others (some of those documented in this thread earlier) that have stopped working randomly.

I saw your device event logs and I understand what you are saying. That doesn’t address my question about the system logs showing events happening before this switch turns on. It’s also possible that your database has somehow become corrupted. Have you tried taking a backup (which backs up the good stuff), doing a soft reset, and restoring the backup database?

1 Like

What do regular logs show? Anything in there that corresponds with the weird on/off events? If it is an old ghost rule maybe it will show up there?

That is a great suggestion. It cannot hurt anything, but it can help if things are messed up.

I only see switch turning off in system log trail. But it could unfortunately could also be due that ‘cos logs rotated. I’ll try to grab it tomorrow. I haven’t tried restoring from backup. Maybe that’s the next step.

1 Like

Waited today to capture the logs on time. The light turned on at Sunset (as expected) albeit a few seconds prior. Sunset was 6:39pm per 'Location' setting and lights turned on a few micro seconds earlier. But nothing weird on/off events within the vicinity of this lights events.

The woes continue... Yesterday, the system logging all of sudden decided to stop on its own (happy to provide screenshots if needed). Further digging showed that it was not just a logging issue but the system clock itself had stopped. Only reason I even got to know was because yet again some rules didn't run and I had to troubleshoot. I had to force sync the clock.

Anyhow, I then did a soft reset of the hub and restored it to a backup. That didn't seem to have helped at all!! Yet again some rules didn't fire this evening, some of them could be because the 'Mode' is not changing properly once again.

I am SO getting tired of this...... @gopher.ny When can I expect to be added to beta testers list? How do I know it's not a hardware issue? This current hub (a C5) is only 5 month old... so it is still under warranty.

Where did you get that impression? From Paragraph 7 of the Terms of Service:

THE FOREGOING NOTWITHSTANDING, FOR A PERIOD OF 90 DAYS FROM PURCHASE, HUBITAT WARRANTS THAT THE HUB WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECT IN MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP.

I guess I was totally mistaken then. I foolishly also bought C7 as part of the first wave back in summer, when they offered 'introductory' price of $129. Thought I will support the platform because initial experience was great.

Not surprising, the C7 is still sitting unopened, waiting for protection/migration service to be offered so that I can migrate over w/o having to do it manually for almost 80+ devices. But I am having second thoughts for everything now. This community has been great though!

1 Like

2.2.4 is almost out of alpha. Things should calm down for them soon and they can focus their efforts on the Hub Protection service.

1 Like

Followed almost exactly your path. Got my C-5 in May, then got a C-7 when it came out but let it sit powered without devices because of all the issues people were having. Finally migrated almost a month ago, and things generally work. It’s getting better, but you shouldn’t be having these issues with your C-5. Keep pushing support.

1 Like

Looks like your flooding your mesh. Can you post a screenshot of your hub stats?

http://hubitat.local/hub/enableStats (let this run for a few minutes then go to stats)
http://hubitat.local/hub/stats (post a screenshot of this)
http://hubitat.local/hub/disableStats (run this when done)