Sudden onset z-wave mesh slowness 2.2.3 on C-5

Curious to see what happens. I can not for the life of me get a Z stick to pair with Hubitat, so I won't be any help.

I would also be curious if rolling back fixes this for you too like it did for me and cwwilson08.

1 Like

I'm hesitant to roll back to 2.2.2 since I've seen such a huge improvement in speed in 2.2.3. this zwave thing has been only occasional. but may consider if I can't find anything else.

1 Like

I also had issues after moving to 2.2.3.119. Fought it for a couple of days and then rolled back to 2.2.3.118 via port 8081 "Restore Previous Version" option

1 Like

So I updated again. Initially the lock was functioning fine, I was about ready to report I had a false alarm. But now several hours later I am getting this delayed / no response to commands. Attempting a reboot now to see if it corrects it. - Which indeed seems to have straightened out for the time being.

It seems something definitely changed in the last update.

Last time I had issues like this they were tracked to some minor changes. I dont know if it could be related by every little bit of info helps

@hubitat

Must be a lock thing because the Zwave on my C4 is humming along on build 2.2.3.135
My Zwave devices are Fibaro door contacts, Fibaro in-wall switch’s, NeoCoolcam door contacts a couple of power monitoring TKBHome switches and a bunch of Aeotech extenders & Smartswitch6’s.
All mixed in with Zigbee devices.

On my hub watchdog I keep seeing every few hours a 5 second response where as normally its around 0.4s

I like to think of myself as a technophile, but I've always drawn the line at smart locks...

1 Like

I was not hot for smart locks at first, but after watching us leave the front door unlocked over and over again, I went for it. Worst was when we left for a two-week vacation w/both the front door and utility room door unlocked.

Now doors auto lock when closed for 10 minutes, and also have warnings if the door is open and can't lock. It's a peace of mind thing that we really like. I am not worried about high-tech infiltrations...if someone wants into my house badly enough when I'm not there, they are going to get in. But at least having the doors actually locked deters the most common opportunistic thieves who are looking for a quick, quiet, and easy theft. Husband of a friend of mine who is a cop says that 99% of the burglaries he sees are due todoors and windows left open by the homeowner.

1 Like

Fortunately we've never forgotten to lock the doors. In fact they're locked even when we're at home, as you hear too often intruders coming in armed and they don't care if you're in or not. I'm more worried about an errant automation unlocking the door without me knowing :smiley:

I can only dream of your situation... :wink:

Going on a few days now, no repeat performance issue since that initial restart of the hub.

1 Like

Cautiously optimistic that today's 2.2.3.142 has fixed this, at least for me.

I updated a couple hours ago, right after the update was published, and it seems to be working fine for the locks and other Zwave stuff. I even cycled the locks in rapid succession of each other and did a few lock/unlock cycles without the hub locking up.

Hope it works for everyone else.
:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

My issue resolved on its own as far as I can tell. I have been hitting the beta updates as soon as they come though. I am unsure if something along the way cleared it up or if it was a fluke.

Today's release, 2.2.3.142, resolved my Z-Wave/ghost device issues on my C7 w/out any intervention. Installed it, and things just started working auto-magically that hadn't worked at all before, even w/direct help from HE team. .142 is the magic elixir for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

on C-5 or C-7? (I ask because it's not simple to see ghost devices on the C-5 to my knowledge)

2 Likes

Good point - I'll update, I'm on C7.

applied latest update (.142), resulted in re-occurrence. Rebooting didn't fix. But no excessive zwave traffic.

The thing that seems to fix it is the overnight maintenance...

Recurrence of general Z-wave issues, or lock-specific stuff. Wha-hoppen?

DId yo do the shut-down, pull power at red light, wait a minute, reconnect power dance (while wearing tin-foil hat of course) to see if that helps?

If you aren't getting Z-Wave busy messages, things are going in the right direction.

2 Likes

No Zwave busy. Locks wouldn’t respond. Neither would lights via Zwave. Did reboots but not shutdown and pull plug. Previously have done that when this happened right after 2.2.3. Can’t recall if it actually fixed.

Nightly maintenance seems to fix. Zwave has been perfect today.

1 Like

Great to hear...142 has been very good to me. :slight_smile: