Sudden onset z-wave mesh slowness 2.2.3 on C-5

What do you want to set? The event size trimmed?

http://hubitat.local/hub/advanced/event/limit
http://hubitat.local/hub/advanced/event/limit/(1-2000)

If you wanted to run it manually...
http://hubitat.local/hub/cleanupDatabase

And this for garbage collection on the JVM
http://hubitat.local/hub/forceGC

I wouldn't use those though unless you're asked to or know exactly what your doing. You could make things worse.

3 Likes

I think its on the device settings page now near the bottom

That's per device the link up there is for setting it globally.

I set my event limit to 15 last week. Much smaller database backup as a result and hub has been fast. I can't even tell when the nightly maintenance runs anymore (except that there is a new backup around 0215). Of course, this had become much less noticeable since 2.2.3.118. I'm on .142 btw. There is also a "state history size" visible on the device page

Yea, I just haven't been fishing for the state history yet.

Thank you!

1 Like

Just changed mine to 25. Since there's a syslog option now, don't really need DB to hold much.

Just love how backup sizes dropped by what, an order of 7-ish with 2.2.3.x?

backups

As fyi when you have slowness come on an other wise running hub:

Thanks for this, though not my issue. This is specifically triggered after installing an update... doesn't seem to reoccur outside that.

I just wanted to reach out one more time and ask @bcopeland and @gopher.ny. Nothing might effect the performance of the zwave radio in this update on c4?

I woke up today and my lock was unresponsive. I was noticing some slowness in other zwave devices. Looking at Zwave settings all columns last sent and last received were blank. I ran a repair which populated all these fields and my Lock started working again.

Is there anything with database trim down, or any changes in the zwave radio code that would account for this? Any thing at all you guys can think of? Up to this point my zwave mesh has performed solid for a long time, with literally no changes here I have started having issues.

Can't think of anything in core/database piece.

Which build are you running on the C4?

I am having issues with 2.2.3.145, same deal as before, unresponsive locks. It was OK with 144, so I rolled back.

What are you on for updates?

@gopher.ny and @bcopeland

My lock issues are back with the .145 update. I tried disabling and enabling the Zwave radio. I tried reboots. I tried a full shutdown, 1 minute pull the plug and reboot.

Going back to .144 makes locks work again.

It is just like above where .135 broke it, and .142 fixed it.

I am on 142. And truth be told I am noticing wonkiness throughout my zwave mesh. I have to admit I cannot find a single reason on my end for the new flakiness. Every response from staff says nothing has changed that could be causing it, so I have given up the fight.

To be truthful the amount of zwave issues that have been posted about here on the community, I am strongly considering changing everything to zigbee. I dont possess the skill set / knowledge required to gather enough information to even know where the problem is, let alone convince anyone to help fix it lol. Ever since @srwhite assisted on this, zigbee seems to be rock solid on hubitat.

My C7 arrived yesterday, am just trying to find the motivation to start the migration. I am hoping that I will have better luck with the new chip and zwave stack.

2 Likes

I installed the latest update (145) and a few zwave devices were missing in the zwave details. Rolled back to 129. Had to perform a zwave repair. All returned.

I suppose I could have done the same thing in 145?

1 Like

Ya and in another post bcopeland just said that after a repair the routing table updates every 30 min so you might not see routing right away.

Hi All,

To clarify, these issues are being discussed around the C5. I say this because mention of the routing table for Zwave, I believe, is only visible on the C7.

2 Likes

Whoops sorry.

Took another chance with 145. Initiated a repair and everything is back and working fine on C-5.

3 Likes