Substituted Device’s old dependencies not updated

More pains when doing a simple device substitution.

Once modifying all Dashboards, Apps and Rules, Rule Machine still believes the old device is related to the App, but it does not.

Is this a bug?

Is this a database problem?

The “Puerta Calle (old)” sensor has been substituted by the “Puerta Calle (new)”, but it still shows a dependency;

But the App (RM5.0) does not refer to it anymore;

Other dependencies have correctly been updated. Only RM5.0 is not reflecting it correctly.

What is going on?

Please, guys, can we have a simple device substitution capability?

1 Like

Can you show the conditions section? Click on the Actions and the conditions should be shown towards the bottom of the screen. Is there any reference in there to the old device?

Yes, Conditions show the old conditions (not being used in the rule anymore) and the new ones.

I have erased the old condition there, and the dependency has been cleared from the device.

So we need to do both? Not only fix the condition in the Rule but also eliminate the old condition, from Conditions? Why is that?

We REALLY need an easy way to subtitute devices!

(Thanks!)

For the most part it works, there may be a couple of exceptions or things left to tidy up, but let's politely point those out to help move the product along.

By that I was referring more so to importing a rule definition. I do take your point though, changing / replacing devices is something more people are struggling with as we get to the point in time where people are starting to replace devices more, now that we are 4-5 yrs (?) in to HE's existence, or people are expanding their collection of HE hubs.

Glad to hear you were able to clear up the dependency.

2 Likes

Yes. Thanks a lot!

Fully agree!

1 Like